Someone restarted my computer

Closed
k1ngsky - Jun 18, 2010 at 05:53 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Jun 18, 2010 at 04:14 PM
Hello,
someone online restarted my computer by using my ip address, i would like to know, how he did it? and is there a way to protect myself or to find out his ip address?

5 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Jun 18, 2010 at 06:27 AM
Hello,

I sure would like to know how you found out that someone restarted your computer using your IP without an intrusion.

The best way to protect yourself is to have a full proof firewall which will stealth your system when you are online.

You can test your system for vulnerability leaks by using the following tool:

http://www.pcflank.com/pcflankleaktest.htm

I could tell you a way to locate the attacker's IP, but it would only give you the country, city and ISP which is not much use.

The last thing you can do to get the intruder off your back is to change your IP.

Have I answered all of your questions to your satisfaction?

Regards.
I was chating online, in a room which uses java scrip supports. This guy came on and told me, he will restart my computer, and that's what he did- just restarted my computer. That is how I thought that someone can only restarted my computer by having my IP ADDRESS... I have not accepted anything / file or software from this person and I do not even know who this person was. Can someone be connected onto my computer at the same time as I am, and be able to control my computer without being connected onto my internet network? Is there a way to find out, who is connected onto my computer? serious help please...
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Jun 18, 2010 at 04:04 PM
Hello,

Now I understand.

Most chat room show your IP so it is no use for you to change it. In a chat room you are no longer stealthed (invisible).

You therefore require a antivirus application with a firewall which will block intrusions and possibly warn you of intrusions attempts when they occur.

When I am on Internet, nobody in the world knows I am online for I am invisible, I don't even get pinged.

I found out that Windows' firewall is not that efficient as some malicious people have found ways to by-pass it.

Have I answered all of your questions to your satisfaction?

Regards
is there a way to find out who is connected onto my computer? or to find out if any other ip addresses are connected onto my network?

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Jun 18, 2010 at 04:14 PM
Usually, with the proper antivirus application, when the intrusion is blocked, you get the IP address and with the IP address you can trace back the country, the city and the ISP. However the intruder cannot be identified personnally. What I did is report the IP to the ISP' abuse department.