Burning icons to CD

Closed
creative1 - Nov 29, 2008 at 11:45 AM
 m - Feb 17, 2009 at 07:22 AM
Hello,
Hi. I am creating a custom CD for a client. I was wondering if any one can tell me how to burn custom icons to a CD... Here's the scenario: I have created custom icons and have assigned them to windows folders via the change icon properties. The folders contain client images. When I send the files to the CD burner, the icons still show. After I burn the files to a CD and reload the CD for viewing, the custom icons are no longer there. The files are replaced by the windows default folder files. How can I get my custom icons to always show up? Thanks.

2 responses

hey dude just copy the cd to another cd.its going with perfact icons.
Thanks for your reply... however, I don't quite understand what you're telling me... could you please elaborate? If my icons disappear and are replaced by the windows defauilt folders when I burn it to CD the frst time, why would burning the CD to another CD help matters? Thanks - M
rick > creative1
Dec 25, 2008 at 07:30 AM
hey creative, have you found out how to do that? i apparently am experiencing the same problem. I made a customized icon, saved it in a folder where all my files are and burn the entire folder. After burning, my customized icon disappears.
creative > rick
Dec 26, 2008 at 09:44 AM
have not found the answer yet.
I believe it's just creating an autorun fil

[Autorun]
icon=icon_name.ico
Thanks for your reply... r u saying that I type this ... [Autorun] icon=icon_name.ico

in Notepad and include the doc on my CD? I'm assuming name.ico really means "the name of your icon".ico
Thanks - Mike