Big issue trying to connect pc to tv

Closed
Dropwiz - Jul 26, 2010 at 04:48 AM
 Dropwiz - Jul 26, 2010 at 01:44 PM
Hello,
I am trying to connect my pc to my living room lcd for 2 weeks now. The best i got so far is either the video, or the sound, playing on my lcd. I just can't seem to get them both working together...I've had enough or reading all the forums and i would be so thankful if someone outhere could tell me what the hell i'm doing wrong.
My pc video card does not have a HDMI output, neither does my motherboard have the S/PDIF out to internally connect to it. So I'm using a HDMI cable, attached to my pc via a DVI/HDMI adapter. As this does not deliver sound, i am also using a 3.5mm audio cable, which i connect to my green output of my pc and on the DVI/RGB audio in plug on the back panel of my lcd.
Ok, i only get the picture on my lcd when i expand my desktop to there. if i cancel the multidisplay, the video will only come through my pc monitor, but the audio starts playing on the lcd...i really can't get over this. Please help me out.
Thanks guys

Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Jul 26, 2010 at 05:39 AM
Hi there,

The link below from Faq will help you for connecting pc tp tv set,if you are not successful with it then provide exact information on it else post a picture of ports on tv as well as on pc with the cables you are using;

https://ccm.net/faq/228-how-to-connect-your-pc-to-your-tv-set

Thanks
Ok, thanks for the effort, but i still don't understand why i have either the video or the sound...
no one seems to understand this...
my video card is the nvidia geforce 8500gt and my lcd is the lg's lh4000.