Minecraft: Java Edition download in progress
You will be automatically redirected to the homepage in 30 seconds.
Minecraft is a sandbox game in which lets you design large structures and objects from cubic blocks. The game goal, apparently simple, is to build during the day to survive during the night. You will find yourself in a totally unknown world with mountains, valleys, trees, and animals. At nightfall, monsters will appear, so the shelters you have built during the day must be safe enough to hide and save your life.
Story and background
In Minecraft, you are the creator of your own story based on every choice you will make in a world where everything from the ground to the sun is cube-shaped. It is worth mentioning that in 2018 an interactive series based on its universe, Minecraft: Story Mode, was released. In this story, you will start a journey with Jesse and his friends Olivia, Petra, Axel, and Ruben in their quest for The Order of the Stone, a group of heroes who will help them save their world. In the movie, you will be able to make real-time decisions and shape the story just like you can do in the books where you are the hero.
- Each world is unique: First, you will create a rich and unique world procedurally generated. In this randomly generated world, you will be able to use a map, visualize the places you have already explored and what you have left to go through. You will also have access to an inventory of objects.
- Blocks: Blocks are the core components of the game. They are made up of different materials and have different characteristics: some will be opaque, others will emit light, others will not stand on their own, etc. These are used to build and craft everything on a grid pattern that must be respected when placing them. All of them can be collected, harvested, and used for different purposes.
- Explore, build and make progress: As described below, there are several modes and the objectives will change from one to another. Depending on your choice, you will have to explore the areas and interact with different objects. In addition, in almost all of them, you will have to gather materials to be able to build and protect yourself.
- Day and night cycles: Minecraft manages day and night cycles, each day lasts 20 minutes. In some game modes, you may receive attacks during the night, so you should focus on building a shelter during the day.
- Protect and take care of yourself: In addition to protecting yourself from hostile creatures, you will have to feed your character, avoid drowning, falling, or getting stuck in one of the world's block.
Minecraft has a very unique and beautiful graphics style where everything is created from cubes in a 3D world. The design may seem to look like retro games but in a more stylish way. You will be able to select your graphics settings depending on the performance of your graphics card, including Fast, Detailed or Fabulous! You can even fine-tune the whole game aesthetics using mods like OptiFine.
Minecraft is an open-world sandbox where you can switch from the first to the third-person perspective camera. It also allows you to play alone or with other players through either a local or remote connection.
There are several game modes with different levels of difficulty:
- Survival Mode: Survival is the main mode, where the players will have to focus on building a safe place to protect themselves from the creatures that lurk during the night.
- Creative Mode: Creative is the best option for new players since you will not be attacked and you will be able to move around the map without any limitations, including resources, and explore the mechanics without any problems. Basically, this is the god mode.
- Adventure Mode: In Adventure mode, you will have access to other players' maps, you will not be able to build or destroy, but you will be able to interact with different objects.
- Extreme Mode: The Extreme mode is the difficult version of Survival Mode, where you will only have one life and the creatures will be more aggressive and will do more damage. If you die, the game is over and you lose everything. This mode is suitable for experienced players.
In addition to the original version that we offer here (Java Edition), there are also other versions such as Minecraft Dungeons, Minecraft: Education Edition and Minecraft Earth, not to mention the huge amount of mods created by the community.
What do the critics say?
Minecraft is one of the most played and recognized titles of the last decade. On the review aggregator Metacritic it has been rated with a score of 93/100.
“Minecraft is less of a game than a giant toy box where everyone can shape their own experience. Minecraft is one of the most important creations in video games, and its influence will lead to new and exciting ways of perceiving digital worlds and their potential.”(GameOver.gr)
Minecraft is rated PEGI 7. When an enemy is defeated, it will disintegrate into cubes before completely disappearing. There is no explicit violence or foul language. The only thing that may be disturbing for children is that some of the characters they are going to encounter can be a little spooky (spiders, zombies, monsters, etc.).
- Operating system: Windows 7 or higher.
- Processor: Intel Core i3-3210 3.2 GHz / AMD A8-7600 APU 3.1 GHz or equivalent.
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 400 series or AMD Radeon HD 7000 series with OpenGL 4.4.
- Storage: 1 GB of available space.
- Minecraft free download pc
- Minecraft java edition free download
- Minecraft java edition free download for pc
- Minecraft: Pocket Edition > Download
- Minecraft Earth > Download
- Addons for Minecraft > Download
- Minecraft Dungeons > Download
- Minecraft: Education Edition > Download
- Subway Surfers
- Among Us
- Zuma's Revenge
- Candy Crush Saga
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
- DoubleDown Casino - FREE Slots
- 3D Tractor Simulator Farm Game (APK)
- Jelly Splash
- BINGO Blitz - FREE Bingo+Slots
- Frozen Free Fall
- eFootball PES 2021
- My Talking Pet
- Half-Life Alyx
- myVEGAS Slots
- Bloons TD 5
- TrackMania Nations Forever
- GSN Casino FREE Slots & Bingo
- Temple Run 2
- NBA 2K14
- Injustice: Gods Among Us
- Game of War - Fire Age
- Heads Off
- Plague Inc.
- Jackpot Party Casino - Slots
- Toolbox for Minecraft: PE
- Caesars Slots
- Looney Tunes: World of Mayhem
- Nintendo Switch Online
- Superman Mod for GTA IV
- Rocket League
- Kick the Buddy: No Mercy
- Run Sausage Run!
- Dr. Mario World
- Pokémon Masters
- CastleVille Legends
- Buildings for Minecraft
- Zuma Deluxe
- Icy Tower
- Where's My Water? 2
- Deer Hunter
- Grand Hotel Mania
- Little Alchemy
- QuickTouch - Automatic Clicker
- Brawl Stars
- Icing on the Cake
- Summoners' War: Sky Arena
- Candy Blast Mania
- Kerbal Space Program
- Backgammon Classic Pro
- Criminal Case
- Tux Typing
- One Punch Man: Road to Hero 2.0
- HighStreet 5
- Covet Fashion - The Game
- Teamfight Tactics
- Magic: ManaStrike
- GTA: San Andreas Patch
- Hide N Seek: MC Mini Game
- Backflip Madness
- Sky: Children of the Light
- DH Texas Poker
- Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp
- All GTA Cheats
- Campus Makeover: Salon and Dress-Up Game
- Real World Soccer League
- NBA JAM by EA SPORTS(TM)
- Multiplayer for Minecraft PE
- GTA 1
- Masha and the Bear
- 8 Ball Pool
- Mouse Conversion
- PUBG MOBILE
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery
- Resident Evil 3: Raccoon City Demo
- Monopoly Slots
- Zone 4: Fight District
- Zynga Poker - Texas Holdem
- Happy Farm: Candy Day
- LuluBox for Free Fire (APK)
- Stack Ball
- My Talking Tom
- Packed Chess Free
- FIFA Soccer