Distressed

Closed
Dee - Dec 8, 2008 at 09:51 PM
 Dee - Dec 9, 2008 at 09:08 PM
Hello,
Can anyone tell me is it possible for skype chats to be recorded with the wrong date? I was using my boyfriend's skype account and came across some chat messages dated end June 2008. They were seriously inappropriate and he swears that they are much older messages eg from a year ago, and skype is just showing them with the wrong date. I highly doubt this. Does anyone know if it is technologically possible for the dates to get jumbled in Skype call lists?
Thanks in advance.

2 responses

TheParoxysm Posts 169 Registration date Sunday December 7, 2008 Status Member Last seen March 25, 2011 74
Dec 8, 2008 at 10:24 PM
Skype records based off of the Time Server they use, and the user's Time Zone which they determine.

I'm sorry, but they do not record false dates. Human memory is much more undependable than a software's ability to say This = this and record it. In order for it to be incorrect you would see irratic jumps in time, inside the conversation itself denoting hours or days passing while the conversation seemed to be seemless. That would be a native software problem, but that is all I can come up with.

Once more, I'm sorry, and good luck!
thanks for your help, that's what I thought. Another point -the computer was only bought in May. That means that it would only record conversations from May onwards, doesn't it? Is there any way that older messages could show up? Do the skype messages only save on the computer that is being used? Or do they record with the skype account, like an email account?
TheParoxysm Posts 169 Registration date Sunday December 7, 2008 Status Member Last seen March 25, 2011 74 > Dee
Dec 9, 2008 at 11:21 AM
Skype is used for commercial reasons too. Your records have the option (and are by default) to be backed up remotely.

These are universal settings that carry with you wherever you may go.
Blocked Profile
Dec 9, 2008 at 04:50 AM
Maybe you can retrieve all the messages before may...try to ask some support on skype's site...because i think it's definitely possible to find those chat logs
thanks for your help