Intranet site not loading

Closed
ramicyprus Posts 9 Registration date Sunday December 7, 2008 Status Member Last seen April 15, 2009 - Dec 10, 2008 at 04:36 AM
ramicyprus Posts 9 Registration date Sunday December 7, 2008 Status Member Last seen April 15, 2009 - Dec 11, 2008 at 02:16 AM
Hello,

My office has a domain with many servers setup, and they work with an intranet site, which they access by entering http://Server_Name/ in their browser.

this works on all computers but one for some reason.

I checked the internet security options, I tried putting them on the lowest security settings, I added the intranet site on the trusted sites zone, (tried for both intranet and internet), I made sure its not in the restricted sites area. I made sure windows was updated to the latest.

its using windows 98, so internet explorer 5 or 6, I dont remember. but there are other pcs with the same configuration and they can access it fine.

anything else I can check for this problem?

thanks,
Ramicyprus.

2 responses

Hi,

Please write the site name in below path

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc

Click the host file name open in notepad wite the server name with IP.

I hope it will be working.

Many Thanks,
Pawan Saxena
ramicyprus Posts 9 Registration date Sunday December 7, 2008 Status Member Last seen April 15, 2009
Dec 11, 2008 at 02:16 AM
Hi Pawan,

I got up to c:\windows\system32\drivers but then there is no etc folder. (its windows 98).

i tried creating an etc folder and then a file called hosts (no extension) and in that file I had the following three lines.

127.0.0.1 localhost
external ip servername
internal ip servername

and I even tried putting that hosts file under the drivers folder too but it still didnt work.

anything else I could try?

Thanks,
Ramicyprus