Internet Download Manager download in progress
You will be automatically redirected to the homepage in 30 seconds.
Internet Download Manager is a trustworthy all-in-one download manager that offers high performance and tons of download features to let you download anything you want from streaming or casual websites, including video, audio, images, or whole websites. The cherry on top, you can fully control and schedule all your downloads for maximum flexibility and efficiency.
What is Internet Download Manager?
Internet Download Manager is a download manager solution developed by American company Tonec, Inc and available for Microsoft Windows.
It is not just like most other download managers out there, as it is designed for performance; it offers tons of really useful features to download any content and even complete websites, but also automation options to efficiently schedule any download tasks. Besides, its built-in antivirus scanner ensures you only download safe content.
What are the key features of Internet Download Manager?
- Interface: The Internet Download Manager interface is quite modern and easy to use but also customizable. Indeed, you can choose the order, buttons, and columns layout. In addition, the overall appearance can be tweaked through skins.
- Browser integration: It can seamlessly integrate into your favorite web browser, so it is always at hand when you need to download content. Supported web browsers are Google Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Opera, Safari, Maxthon, and more.
- Download everywhere: You can directly download content from streaming video sites or any other website. Just click on the download links, choose the desired quality and file type, and start the download process.
- Site Grabber and Spider: Those two features allow you to download all pictures, subsets of websites, or complete websites. But it is also possible to schedule multiple grabbers, run or stop them once at a specific time, and run periodically to synchronize changes. This is very helpful for offline browsing.
- Segmentation technology: The Segmentation technology allows IDM to dynamically segment files during download and can reuse connections without additional connect and login stages. Hence, it can receive data fast and achieve crazy performance.
- Error-handling: In case your downloads are interrupted due to a bad internet connection or PC failures, it is able to handle and repair potentially corrupted files and seamlessly continue the downloads.
- Built-in Scheduler: The Scheduler lets you fully decide when you want to connect and start downloads, disconnect, synchronize changes through periodic sync, and even shut down your computer. It is also possible to create several download queues for downloading or synchronization.
- Categories: Automation is key in Internet Download Manager, and manually moving files to put them in appropriate categories can be tedious. Gladly, IDM lets you define your own categories so each file you download ends in your desired bucket.
- Multilingual: IDM is translated into Albanian, Arabic, Azerbaijan, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Farsi, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, etc.
- Automatic updates: IDM automatically checks for updates to ensure you always get the latest features.
- Antivirus: Thanks to the built-in Antivirus checking, your downloads are automatically scanned to detect viruses and trojans.
- Supported protocols: IDM supports HTTP, FTP, HTTPS, and MMS protocols.
- More settings: It is possible to adjust parameters such as the bandwidth limit, compatible formats, browser type, connection, etc.
How to use Internet Download Manager?
You have various ways to download content using IDM:
- Click Add URL on the main interface. Paste the URL of the content you want to download
- Drag&drop the URL links from your browser to IDM main window or download basket.
- Right-click on a link, then select IDM Integration Module, and select Download with IDM or Download all links with IDM.
Is Internet Download Manager free?
We offer you the 30-day trial version of Internet Download Manager. If you want to keep using it once the trial ends, you can purchase one of the available licenses on the official website.
Is Internet Download Manager safe?
Yes, it is. There are no known safety issues with Internet Download Manager. If you have any doubts about the usage of this software, you should check out their Frequently Asked Questions section.
Which is better IDM or JDownloader?
JDownloader's main advantage is that it is a free open-source solution, while IDM is a paid tool. JDownloader is also multiplatform and features a password manager for direct access to various cloud services, such as Megaupload or Dropbox.
On the other hand, Internet Download Manager is far ahead of JDownloader regarding the download speed as its segmentation technology allows files to be downloaded much faster than its competitors can offer. In addition, the Scheduler makes it very handy and time-saving to use.