My Cd Burner Will Not Burn Cds

Closed
Misty18630 - Sep 15, 2010 at 08:30 AM
Gervarod Posts 306 Registration date Saturday March 27, 2010 Status Member Last seen June 8, 2014 - Sep 15, 2010 at 11:16 AM
Hello, I used to be able to burn Cds with no problem but now I have tried 5 different burning programs and 5 different brands of cds and always get errors. I have a Dell Inspiron 531S and Windows Vista can someone please help??

Related:

2 responses

Gervarod Posts 306 Registration date Saturday March 27, 2010 Status Member Last seen June 8, 2014 21
Sep 15, 2010 at 11:16 AM
You can clean the lens but you must be VERY VERY careful. The best thing I found was one of my wife's makeup brushes (unused of course), clean and soft.

Above all NEVER EVER be tempted to use any type of cleaning agent or solvent unless specifically made for the cleaning of laser lenses.

I have never had the need to try so called CD cleaners but would be very wary of them.

Does it read CD's OK.
Gervarod Posts 306 Registration date Saturday March 27, 2010 Status Member Last seen June 8, 2014 21
Sep 15, 2010 at 08:38 AM
Have you tried a CD laser lens cleaner (or manually cleaning it)? Have you installed any software recently? It is possible that you installed a program which altered your burning software shared programs. Try uninstalling or rolling back newly installed software and see if that fixes it.
And of course, it could just be time to replace the drive??

If you want to investigate a little, open Windows Explorer and right-click on the drive letter of the troubled CD-RW drive. In the context menu thoroughly check Properties and maybe look at any other menu options that make you curious.
Ok can you tell me how to manually clean the laser lens? :)