Couls someone help

Closed
loori - Dec 19, 2008 at 08:24 AM
 loori - Dec 19, 2008 at 01:04 PM
Hello, my daughter is getting a laptop for x-mas and was wondering what steps i need to take to get her laptop set up so that she can travel with it and get internet while away or in her room must i set up home pc also , i do not know alot about this wireless thing any info would help do i go thru phone co, cell phone co. cable co not sure where to start thanks all

1 response

You must install the driver for wireless lan card, it is usually available on the accompanying CD/DVD. Dont know how do u connect to your ISP (internest service provider) but if wireless lan card is set up and working your daughter can access the wireless internet in places like airports, starbucks etc. Also I assume that windows xp/vista would be preisntalled on your PC if that's the case then there is every possibility that LAN card and other devices are already set up and working.
ok , but i need a service for that? what r my chooses if thats the case? i have dsl now on home pc(thru phone line) with aol coming from verizon(my phone co.) and do i have to do anything with my home pc at all, sorry i really don't know that much about wireless internet and how it works. i thought i had to go thru cell phone thats what i was told but really don't think thats the case> also thought had to network to 2 together and have to get different router or modem for that thanks fro all info lori