Unreadable sd card

Closed
j.s. - Oct 9, 2010 at 01:04 AM
 j.s. - Oct 12, 2010 at 11:51 AM
Hello,

my SD card can't be read in my laptop and my mobile shows that it is not formatted. please do help. i have important files saved there. thanks!

i hope an immediate response from your team.

Related:

7 responses

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Oct 9, 2010 at 06:59 AM
Hello,
Go to my computer --> right-click on your SD-card drive --> select "Properties". Is the file system RAW?
Regards.
my computer doesn't show the sd card whenever it's inserted at the slot.
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Oct 10, 2010 at 08:45 AM
Hello,
Try this 1.
Check in the disk management.
Click on start --> In search box, type diskmgmt.msc and press Enter. Disk Management window will be opened.
Good Luck.
it still does not show. :(

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Hi dere,
As you have mentioned that the SD card is not getting detected on the Windows Explorer. I would like to ask you tat if you have tried any alternate SD cards on the system other then this. Why, I am asking you this because sometimes it is possible that the card has gone bad but you can't check it. So, I would request you to please check it with other SD cards and you can revert back to me on my email ID below.

Thank you.
our laptop can read other SD Cards.
sadgurl Posts 697 Registration date Thursday May 14, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 24, 2010 219
Oct 12, 2010 at 09:59 AM
Hi js,

There must be a password set on the memory card from a mobile phone which makes it undetected on computers,insert in a mobile phone and remove the password then connect back to computer/laptop you wil find it detected else other conclusion is that the card is damaged .

Thanks
it has no passwords, i can assure that. it also can't be read using my mobile phone, as i said firstly. it shows that the memory card is not formatted.