Copying cells conditionally in excel

Closed
kiu kiu - Oct 26, 2010 at 07:05 PM
venkat1926 Posts 1863 Registration date Sunday June 14, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen August 7, 2021 - Oct 27, 2010 at 11:43 PM
hi
i was wondering if anybody could help me. i'm making this excel workbook oriented to chemistry students to illustrate surface tension. what i need to do, is have them choose a couple of substances and based on data i got from reliable charts, show the results obtained in graphs.
say for example, they chose water and ethanol from a list of 5 other substances. the excel sheet will do all the calculations and stuff, but my problem is to display the results in the graph. i mean, how can i only display the results from water and ethanol and not from the other substances?
i hope that was clear enough
thanks!
Related:

1 response

venkat1926 Posts 1863 Registration date Sunday June 14, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen August 7, 2021 811
Oct 27, 2010 at 11:43 PM
do all the calculations and stuff,
unquote
what are these calculations. were these been done in some other sheet within the same workbook (file) for all the five items so that we can just extract the calculation pertaining to the selected item in another sheet. take little more time in designing these sheets. once the data is available for a particular item the graph can be drawn only for that particular item.