When working on your computer, you arrow keys may stop functioning, as in they no longer move up and down correctly. This problem can have a particularly frustrating effect in Microsoft Excel, no longer being able to properly enter data in Excel cells and worksheets. If your arrow keys are not functioning properly when using Microsoft Excel, this article will help.
How to fix malfunctioning arrow keys with Scroll Lock?
Check whether your SCROLL LOCK is ON.
Just turn it off by pressing on the Scroll Lock button key on your keyboard!
How to fix malfunctioning arrow keys without Scroll Lock?
- If your keyboard does not have a Scroll Lock key, on your computer, go to Start, All Programs, Accessories, Ease of Access, and then click On-Screen Keyboard.
- When the on-screen keyboard appears on your screen, click the slk (scroll lock) button.
What is the alternative fix?
- Whilst the scroll lock will hopefully solve your problem, it's worth noting that the keyboard arrow keys may also have caught dust and need cleaning up to function better.
- Keyboard arrows not working
- Arrow keys not working
- Keyboard arrow keys not working
- How to type @ on keyboard: Mac, Windows, laptop > Guide
- Keyboard won't type letters or numbers: wireless, laptop > Guide
- Type 'E' with an acute accent: on Mac, Windows, in Word > Guide
- How do I insert the the hash # character on the keyboard [solved] > Keyboard Forum
- Enable the on-screen keyboard: Ubuntu, Mac, Windows, Android > Guide