Date format

Closed
sindhu - Nov 12, 2010 at 05:01 AM
data_encoder Posts 13 Registration date Wednesday November 3, 2010 Status Member Last seen November 15, 2010 - Nov 12, 2010 at 07:28 PM
Hello,

My excel sheet used to earlier show all dates as d/m/yyyy format by default . Sometime back I installed a software of a video camera after which the default settings have changed to m/d/yyyy pattern.

I have un-installed the software which caused this formatting. But the format continues to remain as m/d/yyyy pattern.

I do not want to select individual cells and change the date pattern each time as it is a big task to select individual cells and change the format. How do i change the settings permanently back to d/m/yyyy pattern for all the excel sheets on my comp.

thanks
sindhu

Related:

1 response

data_encoder Posts 13 Registration date Wednesday November 3, 2010 Status Member Last seen November 15, 2010 1
Nov 12, 2010 at 07:28 PM
Actually its your Windows setting, not Excel. Go to Control Panel, look for Regional and Language Options and select your Locale and Date format. I dont know what Windows version you are using. Under XP, its called Date, Time, Language, and Regional Options when viewing under the category view.