Network printer problem

Closed
Vlad - Nov 19, 2010 at 10:47 AM
mancy Posts 124 Registration date Monday July 26, 2010 Status Member Last seen April 6, 2016 - Nov 30, 2010 at 01:22 AM
Hello,
I have an HP printer which worked fine when was connected to the wall jack in the room.
I had to share this jack with the PC and I used a 4port switch. There was no problem with PC - it's connected to the office network and to the HP printer but all other PCs in the office lost the connection to the printer. Ica,t even ping the printer. I tried different switches but the result is the same. Again connected directly to nonshared jack printer is working fine.
Could somebody give an idea?
Thanks

1 response

mancy Posts 124 Registration date Monday July 26, 2010 Status Member Last seen April 6, 2016 94
Nov 30, 2010 at 01:22 AM
If the "Access is denied" error is showing up on the computer, just go through the steps to fix the error. First, open the Printer Wizard through the Control Panel. Select the `Add printer Wizard', then click `Add a local printer' and then click `Create a new port'. Make sure that local port is there in the list and then click `Next'. In the Port name dialog box, type computer name and printer name and then click `Ok'. Complete the wizard steps to finish the process. get more information and help

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-Archive-Read-Only/HP-Officejet-Pro-L7590-networking-problem/m-p/393857#M17101