HP dv5-1002nr power

Closed
techy - Nov 26, 2010 at 02:55 PM
 Blocked Profile - Nov 26, 2010 at 03:33 PM
Hello, I have an hp dv5-1002nr laptop. When I hit the power button the computer tries to start but there is a black screen. The fan starts up and all the lights except for the hard drive light up. I randomly got the computer to come up all day and the hard drive light lit up. I checked the temperature because it was so hot(148 degrees F) and disassembled the laptop to clean it's CPU fan and reassembled. This worked for 3 restarts, then same issue again. The laptop was not used/hot when the problem was 1st brought to me. I have tried swapping out the Screen, an Inverter, hooking up a external monitor, even a new hard drive. You have to reuse the internal housing and connector for a new hard drive replacement and I cant find them anywhere. I still think the motherboard has been damaged but changing the internal hard drive m/b connector is my last thought! ANYONE HELP?

Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Nov 26, 2010 at 03:33 PM
Hi Techy,

Accordingly, this overheating problem is coming from one of your hardware components, there should obviously be some burnt circuits blocking the electricity flow or it could be that there is overflow of statistic electricity over the circuits causing it to act up like this.

Of course, upon overheating, it has been wise from your part to clean up the CPU fan for it is responsible for maintaining a cool temperature within. Yet, the fact that the problem comes back to surface after having restarted it thrice confirms the first theory.

The best way to detect the faulty device will be using a proper tester for checking the electricity flow. I believe that you should be missing the particular equipments and proper knowledge too and thus, it will be advisable to bring the laptop to a competent repair shop. By getting it to a technician, you will be confirmed about which device is faulty and hence you will be able to have it replaced.

Moreover, if you consider well, overheating might have been at the source of damaging the internal hardware. This is why you should take care of it and maintain the battery correctly. The below link should be of great help to you in completing the task.

http://ccm.net/faq/2365-maintaining-the-battery

Thanks in advance and hope that the provided information proves of great help to you.