How can I connect my xbox 360 to my wifi?

Closed
Matt - Dec 13, 2010 at 01:12 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Dec 13, 2010 at 04:59 PM
Hello,

I have a question...
My son's xbox 360 that I bought new from Best Buy last year works completely fine, but he decided he wanted xbox live. I found that you can sign up for an account using the xbox. However, the problem is that it does not connect to the wifi I have set up in my house and i cannot connect the xbox 360 directly to the modem because it's not accessible. If someone who knows what to do could help me out that would be great.
Thanks,
Matt

Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Dec 13, 2010 at 04:59 PM
Can the Xbox see your home wifi ID? Do you use a security type that the XBox does not support?
Who is your Internet Provider? You might have a problem with alternate MAC address.
This is what Microsoft says about MAC address controls:

Some Internet service providers only allow devices to access the Internet based on the Media Access Control (MAC) address of the interface device. If your computer can access the Internet by using your modem but your Xbox 360 console cannot, your console might need to use the same MAC address as your computer. You use the XBox setup to modify the program.

Good Luck