Ps3 games on a xbox360? [Solved/Closed]

dmost - Jun 9, 2008 at 07:03 PM - Latest reply:  folkert
- Mar 21, 2013 at 11:17 AM
Hello,
is there any way to play ps3 games on an xbox 360?
See more 

39 replies

Best answer
Thank you
Questions

1) Why?
2) PS3 uses Blu-ray, 360 uses DVD's
3) PS3 games are coded to only work with The Playstation 3
4) If it could, there would be lawsuits up the arse

EOT<- END of thrEad

Thank you, De132 118

Something to say? Add comment

CCM has helped 1667 users this month

Thank you
Hmm, Yeah.... Who ever says it is possible, is full of it... All three console are completely different architectures with completely different sub architectures on the respective console, first off each system is programmed to run with only the specific drives that it is made with, second off the consoles processing chips a designed and programmed to read specific game data with the corresponding video and data pipelines, which because the architecture and process center of each system is different, this would elimenate any chance of actually making another console disk with another console, say in the event that it could be possible to take those chips and read the programming language on them, and merge their abilities into one chip, though highly unlikely, and would take no less then the god of programming to do, and then to redirect all the respective pipelines for the console so that they would read the data from the independent console disk, would be damn near impossible, mainly because unless you have programmed for those console you wouldn't know any of the information, and if you did you wouldn't be on this forum talking about this, because you would have enough money to buy all three consoles..., and emulation is possible for older systems because they didn't use specific systems like new console do, which is why Microsoft and Sony, dropped the fight for backwards compatibility on their console because it isn't perfect when trying to do it on a completely different arch. and leaves alot of opening for problems that they determined wasn't worth the time and money to perfect, and to shut the people up that will bring the Wii's virtual console up, its 8/16/32 bit data any system can read that...
actually, you're making it harder then it is. If say, you had a ps2 drive lying around. for example: an old console you don't need anymore. you could plug it in a computer using a decoder, easily made with arduino and opimize the files using microsoft inner terminal(cmd prompt) to rewrite the encoding for xbox. you can do that because the game itself is the same, there us just a safety build in. If you're really serious about trying you might want to prepare for a couple of all-nighters.
XyankeedoodleX - Aug 4, 2009 at 10:01 AM
Thank you
Wow...
Like Nick said, you guys are really pathetic. Isn't this forum supposed to be about answering people's questions and giving good advice? Now you're just fighting each other instead of helping people.
Andrew_Reinolds - Nov 19, 2009 at 11:01 PM
Thank you
Hello,

Just found this thread here while googling a bit and after reading XpertGmr post, I fell down from loughting, I just have to reply here now even if this thread is a bit old.

XpertGmr, your realy bad in lieing, but also your brain is as small as a nut.

To everyone who believed what this guy said....A PS2 and PS3 has a 128-Bit CPU, a Xbox 360 only a 64-Bit PowerPC CPU (The old one apple and IBM used). I'm working for a well known game developer and I can tell you guys its IMPOSSIBLE to run a PS2 / PS3 Game on a Xbox 360 or a Xbox 360 game at a PS2 / PS3 because those games are designed to ONLY run at the hardware from the consoles they has been released for, the best thing you would get from inserting a Xbox 360 DVD into a PS3 would be a "Inser Disk" message and nothing more.

If you dont believe it, just go and try to install for example Windows 7 64-Bit on a 32-Bit only CPU, that will be the best proof for yourself.

XpertGmr, go and get a bigger brain before posting, little kiddys my believe you this shit but everyone else will just lought at you ;-)

Sorry for my bad english guys, thats not my main languange so if you find some writing error, just keep it ;-)
wetaz21 4 Posts Sunday October 25, 2009Registration date October 26, 2009 Last seen - Oct 26, 2009 at 05:02 PM
Thank you
jus buy a ps3 dude
Thank you
you can play ps3 games on a windows system right. using an emulator? ok? established. now is you can make the same emulator work on your xbox 360 then you can play ps3 games on it. right? simple as that. want to know if it works? I just recently ordered mlb the show 09. it only works for the ps3. y'd I do it? im not crazy i'll tell you that.
I have the same set up as you man. Though I paid $55 dollars to have it modded. I was recently informed by one of my cousins that I did not need the mod as I already had he emulator working on my xbox 360 console. The other guys are right too. I can't play those PS3 games online. I'm very interested in one of the replies you gave on another website about a different kind of mod that fixes the red ring error and for anti-3rl. I emailed you before but I did not get any reply. I did get and email reply from of the guys who you gave advice to and he was the one who directed me to where I had my 2nd xbox 360 console modded. The one for $55 that I previously mentioned. Any help will do man! Please!
noodle > kratos - Mar 14, 2009 at 02:56 PM
hey can you explain all that stuff in the message you spend and what that emilator thing is? is it expensive? or just a program? See the thing is im a kingdom hearts fan but have an xbox 360 but I want to play the game still so I was thinking is there a way I can put the ps3 disk into my computer. mod it. and then pop it into my xbox? Thanks
Not true, there is no emulator for the Ps3 for the PC. If you could through some absolutely insane, costly way get it onto a 360 in homebrew, the framerate and graphical performance would be terrible. The PS3 and Xbox are totally diffferent systems build on totally different foundations. On top of that the wii/gamecube emulator (called Dolphin) is in its infancy and doesn't work well unless you have a minimum graphics card of 9800 GTX and above. Otherwise its is crap. Emulating that would be terrible like the PS3. Don't you understand... it is NOT possible
samherman15 - Jun 2, 2009 at 08:00 PM
Thank you
personally I dont know what you guys are tripping on its just a game nothing more who cares what it will do
Thank you
You could probably play 360 on PS3 but never Ps3 on 360.
360 can not read Bluray but the Ps3 can read DVD which is used on 360.

I doubt its worth all the trouble to get a PS3 to read 360 games.
The best thing to do,if you wanted, but it isn't exactly legal, is to get a pc with a blu-ray drive and decent GPU and download the emulation software to play the games that way. I'm not sure how u go about it butyou can play any console games on the PC.
they all have there own firmware!!!!!!
jboi0188 2 Posts Tuesday June 10, 2008Registration date June 11, 2008 Last seen - Jun 11, 2008 at 04:58 PM
Thank you
no
Actually if you replace the systems BIOS you can play any format except blue rays for that you would have to modified the system BIOS of a PS3 and presto you can play any game ever made in a disk BUT it is extremely difficult so try it if you want to but if you are a noob DONT even bother
U can"t play Copied games on anything!!!!!!
Thank you
you guys are a) asses and b)stupid there are ways and they are not easy.
no dj, you are the one who is retarded if you think there are "ways" lmfgdao man you are a noob.
it's made using different technology. short of ripping out the inside of the 360 and replacing it with the blu ray reading capabilities of the ps3, neither consoles parts are compatible with the other, not just in terms of how they read the disc but how they process the information.
the best solution is to glue a xbox360 and ps3 together, or if you know anyone into modding maybe they could make a new case to hold the ps3 and 360 in the one case.
other than that you're living in a fantasy world and you obviously play too many video games.
Thank you
Xpertgmr you need to tell me how to do that with the xbox. please tell me at cdca777@gmail.com
Thank you
ok bud a blue ray burner costs over 500$ or just about you need one to put it in a xbox in order to play a ps3 game so you can't do it will just 200$. expert gamer is most likly lying if he is not he should uploude some images of him playing a ps3 game on a xbox 360 then take the game out showing it is a ps3 game. Also if you all didn't forget changing systems that the games run on would take alot because the controlls are different they are made differently for each system you would need to change the info on each disk probly so really though just don't belive evrything you hear on the internet.
Thank you
most of you are idiots.

Ofcourse it is possible for you to play a ps3 game on the 360, It would require alot of modding though.

New firmware, os, Drivers and the like, a new processor & motherboard and a second graphics card, Something that is beyond most people to do alone.

Simply put, without emulation, all it would require is a software update, lil bit of hardware and the devkits for both consoles (and a pc to decode the games into their new format) and a massive harddrive to load your games from.

In practice it would be hard as hell, but possible
Thank you
From what I heard you can't do it, but I know if you could http://everything4360.com would know about it. That's for sure.
Thank you
are you retarded wy the hell would you ask a stupid question like that
can you tell me how to convet a ps3 game on the xbox 360?
hey you said that you sister knows how to convert other games. uh i'm thinking of doing that so could you let me know by sending an email to wolf.master.10@hotmail.com please cheers
is there anyway to do this with a ps3 so I can play xbox 360 games on it but can still play ps3 games please get back to me at j_gosda@hotmail.com
devils code 666 2 Posts Monday November 30, 2009Registration date December 5, 2009 Last seen > JIMMY - Dec 5, 2009 at 02:01 AM
hey is there a way that you can convert ps3 games to work on a xbox360, if u know how to can u please let me know by repling
are u stuipid hes asking because you could with the xbox and ps2.
Thank you
Dont no someone tell me
Thank you
the games play and look the same on both as they dont make different for each one but when they are made into each format using codecs and encoders which are different you would have unscramble them. easier to buy yourself new ps3 slim and play them on that and leave xbox as is much less hassle
Spartan 117 - Jan 6, 2009 at 02:30 PM
Thank you
thats just a stupid question. if there is, way to much effort.