Can't put system on standby mode

Closed
Jeremy_G Posts 33 Registration date Thursday April 2, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 2, 2012 - Dec 22, 2010 at 08:21 PM
Jeremy_G Posts 33 Registration date Thursday April 2, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 2, 2012 - Dec 23, 2010 at 12:21 PM
Hello,

I have a problem when I want to put my system on standby mode usually it does and my computer shuts off but recently for the past 3 days I can't do it anymore I would press the sleep button on my keyboard and I get windows entering Stanby and I get a black screen but my PC is still running.I am using windows XP.After the black screen I would move my mouse and I hear a low noise coming from my pc like a "Buzzzz" and well I get back to my desktop normaly,so any Ideas on How to fix this would be greatly appreciated. :)

Thanks in advance :)

Related:

2 responses

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Dec 23, 2010 at 06:54 AM
Hello,
Are you looking for the Standby or the Hibernate. In "Standby" the movement you press any key or move
your mouse you will get back to desktop. In Hibernate all the data will be stored in the harddisk and it will
shutdown your PC. Let me know which one you are looking for.
Good Luck
Jeremy_G Posts 33 Registration date Thursday April 2, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 2, 2012 1
Dec 23, 2010 at 12:21 PM
Thx for the reply:)

well its the standbymode because like I mentioned above its the standby not hibernation . Standby stores the memory in the RAM maybe I have a problem with one of my RAMs thats why the computer won't go to full standby and when the screen goes black my system used to shutdown (no noise) and when I would click my mouse the system would boot and bring me to my desktop but what happens now is when the screen goes black I hear my computer running and it never did that before I would click the mouse to get out of standby and I hear a buzzing noise from inside my system so thats my problem .