No video clear cmos now video then resrt no v

Closed
ry1238264 Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday January 5, 2011 Status Member Last seen January 5, 2011 - Jan 5, 2011 at 08:12 AM
rickster Posts 111 Registration date Thursday February 4, 2010 Status Member Last seen September 11, 2013 - Jan 6, 2011 at 03:49 PM
Hello,

so i have a custom build pc here are the spcs:

windows 7 pro 64bit clean
amd athlon 64 x2 core 4800 2.50 Ghz

xfx geforce 8200

xfx video card (not sure which one i copuld find out if needed)

6 gb ram ddr2

1 1tb wd drive

2 500 gb wd drives

600 psu

lg tv as monitor (dvi to hdmi)

2 lg sata dvd drives

so here is what i have been going through. i had restarted my computer one day and got no ntldr looked funny because it was just on any way restarted and got same thing so i used a bootable cd to move all my data to another disk and reformated my sys disk. apon completion the resolution was 800/600 with about a half an intch missing on the top and sides so changed res to 1920/1080 still to big for the tv (missing picture). so i switched to my vga cable (unpluged dvi) could not get video switched back no vid so i did a hard reset by way of the power button. (vga) all fans work hard drives spin up dvd spin no video Hard reset. (dvi) same thing. cleared cmos via button on mobo, restart xfx slash screen and then on the show screen cmos checksum bad. (duh) continued to default still slow when in windows. so update vidieo drivers promt for resart. everything turns on but no video. the only way i get video is of i clear cmos. changed the batt twice adn then started trouble shooting took out everything that was not needed. left 1 1gb ram sys disk psu. used onboard video vga then dvi. start up no vid cleard cmos boot. put video card back in same this no vid cleard cm then boot. and so on with the dvd and hard drives. all connecters are sata btw.

thanks for all your help
Related:

1 response

rickster Posts 111 Registration date Thursday February 4, 2010 Status Member Last seen September 11, 2013 10
Jan 6, 2011 at 03:49 PM
several options, first press f8 and start in vga mode, then uninstall and re-install the graphics drivers, failing that, if mainboard has onboard graphics use that and see what happens, it may be a faulty card, make sure the card is seated properly and not overheating.