Connecting a computer after 6 months

Closed
Malteser Posts 30 Registration date Friday November 6, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 6, 2012 - Jan 24, 2011 at 07:55 AM
Malteser Posts 30 Registration date Friday November 6, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 6, 2012 - Jan 24, 2011 at 11:06 AM
Hello,

I had a comuter which I stopped using for about 6 months as I as using a laptop instead. Now I reconnected this computer to do some updates but the monitor gave me no signal! All wires are conneted and the monitor power shows on but there is no signal from the pc. Any help please?

Thanks & Regards

3 responses

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jan 24, 2011 at 07:59 AM
Hello,

Try this 1.

If you notice that your CPU fan is running but there is no display in the screen,

then remove the RAM from the slot, clean it and place it back properly or try

another slot.

Good Luck.
Malteser Posts 30 Registration date Friday November 6, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 6, 2012
Jan 24, 2011 at 08:30 AM
thx for your immediate reply. where can I find the RAM slot? Yes the CPU fan is running and no display is on the screen.
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jan 24, 2011 at 10:34 AM
Hello,
If you not sure that you can do it then make sure its done by technical person.
Remove the power cord from the cpu cabinet --> Open the CPU cabinet and on the motherboard,
you can notice the RAM sticks. If you don't have any idea how the RAM looks like then click on
the below hyperlink "RAM"
RAM
The green colored that is placed is the RAM and the yellow colored is the RAM slot.
To remove the RAM, use both thumbs or two fingers to simultaneously depress the locking levers on the memory slot ( Do it slowly) so that it pop-ups the RAM from the slot.
Then clean it and place it back properly or try to place it in another slot.
Be careful while placing the RAM. Make sure you are not placing the RAM in wrong direction.
Place the memory module in the slot by pressing down firmly with your thumbs on both ends of the module. The locking levers will rise into place of their own if the RAM is installed properly.
Good Luck
Malteser Posts 30 Registration date Friday November 6, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 6, 2012
Jan 24, 2011 at 10:45 AM
Hi [/contents/audio/thx-select-thx-ultra.php3 thx for your help. I did exactly what u told me there was a little bit of dust which i brushed out carefully with a paint brush. everything is back to its place but still no signal on the monitor. on ly the sign 'no signal ' shows up and then nothing more. the light of the power button of the monitor from green turns to orange.

thanks
Jan 24, 2011 at 10:50 AM
Hello,
Try this 1
First remove all the dust from the motherboard. Remove the RAM and place it in another slot.
Make sure your have placed it correctly. Look at the locking levers and make sure the locking lever had locked the RAM at both ends which is the indication that RAM is placed properly.
If you are using a graphic card then remove it and place it back properly. Check your VGA connection also.
Good Luck
Jan 24, 2011 at 11:06 AM
THANKS. I HAVE TO THIS IN THE MORNING AS NOW IT GOT DARK. thanks for your help. i will let you know if it works.

Reagrds