Gateway 507GR, dead?

Closed
bigjo911 Posts 9 Registration date Tuesday March 17, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 24, 2011 - Jan 24, 2011 at 08:01 AM
 Arty - Jan 30, 2011 at 06:59 PM
Hello,

Over the past months our PC's power would unexpectedly shut down, just turn off. We noticed when we plugged the vacuum into another outlet and turned it on the computer would shut off. I never directly addressed the issue as it was random. This morning the computer did not start, when pressing the power button on the front for the first time it made multiple blue light flashes then nothing. The green light on the back of the PC was not lit and when un plugging the AC power the green light would blink. My guess is the power supply, is the mother board possibly effected as well? Any advise would be great, my knowledge of PC hardware stops at adding memory.

Thank you,
Joe

Related:

1 response

sounds like you need to call an electrician cause u arent getting clean power to your pc. Thats the more previlant of your problems since it sounds like they put to much load on a single line and its a fire hazard ok now for your comp problem.
Virus could cause the comp to randomly shut down but judging from the power problem in your house i would guess that you fried the power supply from using a bad outlet there could be various issues tho. bad motherboard, power supply, Heat Displacement. power light on back is indicator that its getting power to the power supply tho since that lights not on i would assume power supply but the random shut downs could have been cause by poor ventilation from a bad fan.
Its one thing if its tripping the breaker and shutting off comp its a completely dif thing if your just losing power on comp and not vacuum lol. GL sounds like you have what i like to call a rolling snowball. its gonna get bigger and bigger if you dont stop the original problem