Missing network controller!... plz help!

Closed
josh - Jan 25, 2011 at 10:09 PM
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020 - Jan 27, 2011 at 03:49 PM
Hello and thank u in advance.
I have a Dell Inspiron 530 with vista. My computer has been acting sluggish so I decided to do a PC Restore. Everything went well except now I can't connect to my wireless internet and when I go to my device manager there's a question mark on the Network Controller driver in the Other Devices section! This is not the yellow exclamation mark that I've seen before. This question mark is blue in a little white bubble. Not sure if that makes a difference. I have the drivers and utilities resource Cd that it came with but I don't think it has the driver I need. Please help!!
Thanks
Josh

Related:

2 responses

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jan 27, 2011 at 03:49 PM
Hello,

Try this 1

Download the drivers from another PC and copy it in your pen drive or in CD

Click on the below link and follow the instructions

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&ServiceTag=&SystemID=INSP_DSKTP_D530&os=WLH&osl=en&catid=&impid=

Select your "Operating System" from the drop-down menu --> Download the

"Network" Drivers and install it.

Good Luck
Update: I uninstalled the network controller drive then tried to reinstall it and scan for new hardware. And now there's a lil yellow question mark next to the network controller in the device manager. The Guy at the Computer Guys quoted me $75 to fix my driver problem, that's crazy! I heard that I could call dell from another computer and enter my service tag and download everything I need onto a CD. But I don't understand how to make a call from a computer!? Pz help! Thanks Josh