HP PavillionDV6000 blackout screen problem

Closed
deadlygt22 Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday January 26, 2011 Status Member Last seen January 26, 2011 - Jan 26, 2011 at 10:31 AM
soniamaree Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday January 26, 2011 Status Member Last seen January 28, 2011 - Jan 28, 2011 at 06:57 AM
Hello,
I bought a used HP Pavillion DV6000 and when I first got it, it worked great. Well a week later I took battery out to clean in all the crevasses with just a q-tip and bottled air and then put battery back in. Done the same with the keyboard. Took keys out and cleaned with q-tip and air, then put everything back together. Computer turned on without problem. Well it asked me to restart after deleting a few programs and so I did. Upon restarting I could see all the blue lights were coming on, but you could BARELY see the HP logo on turn on. So I got it all the way to Windows and tried turning brightness up but that didn't help. Took battery back out for about 3-4 hours, turned on, and it worked great so thought was fixed. I continued to work on it erasing stuff and reset it again. Same problem happened again. Computer is turning on just the backlight is not working or something. Someone please HELP!!!

Related:

1 response

soniamaree Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday January 26, 2011 Status Member Last seen January 28, 2011
Jan 28, 2011 at 06:57 AM
i have one of these and the screen/ laptop wont turn on. after giving up on it and deciding i will use the ram in my other laptop i removed 1gb of the ram and installed it in my other laptop. then i thought i will try it one more time and presto the hp started up! we left it running most of the weekend and was no problems at all, in fact the sound ( which wasnt working before) started working as well.
so i thought well we put the ram back into the HP and no, it wouldnt work again. so we took it back out and yes it is working again!

there doesnt seem to be a problem with the ram in the other computer, so i have no idea why it is working with out it.
i have searched hgh and low in lots of forums about the problem it has and it all points to the motherboard needing replacing.
if you have one of these laptops with the same problem i ask you to try what i did and see if it fixes yours aswell. hopefully it will :)