Please help spywared up to the brim on xp pro

Closed
markysparky Posts 4 Registration date Sunday January 4, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 11, 2009 - Jan 5, 2009 at 02:37 PM
markysparky Posts 4 Registration date Sunday January 4, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 11, 2009 - Jan 5, 2009 at 06:43 PM
Hello,

I have a laptop with windows xp pro

i cannot restart in safe mode i get a blue screen with lots of debugging information then it restarts.
If i load the system it takes me to desktop with no icons.

Question - how do i get round this? is there a spykiller out that runs directly from cdrom ie auto run? since this seems to be the only way i can think of getting round the problem.

so i cant use safemode and when i let the system load to desktop - all i have is the mouse pointer visable and the desktop wallpaper hence my thinking of auto run cdrom for the spyware scan.

please any help would be helpfull since i have some pics on the laptop of my x girlfriend - happy times, and i would prefer to keep them.
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Jan 5, 2009 at 04:15 PM
Here is link to a site that has instructions for a CD called Hiren's BootCD. The CD has all the tools you need to clean off your computer.

https://www.raymond.cc/blog/13-antivirus-rescue-cds-software-compared-in-search-for-the-best-rescue-disk/

I hope this helps.
markysparky Posts 4 Registration date Sunday January 4, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 11, 2009
Jan 5, 2009 at 06:43 PM
cheers mate, brothers taken the laptop to his birds ... but when it returns ill sort it with this disk - cheers for your help .