Ethiolion

Closed
Ethiolion - Jan 30, 2011 at 07:08 PM
 Ethiolion - Jan 30, 2011 at 07:48 PM
Hello,

Laptop can not read from CD/DVD ROM. Replaced with identical CD/DVD ROM drive still same. What can I do?

1 response

check that the bios settings are enabled properly for use of the device and if it appears in the bios as a physical drive if it appears then it is a driver issue if it doesnt appear you have a bad port for that device and not a bad drive itself.

You can however get kits to make the drive external drives if thats the case or replace the motherboard/repair the port to make the internal rive work properly
Hello Arty,

Thanks for your response. What do you mean a bad port? Secondly, I bought an external CD/DVD drive connecting to my USB drive, However I was not able to boot from it either. The whole intention was to boot from a bootable Spotmau CD to recover/Backup my existing drive partition by partition and restore it to a brand new drive. Currently, my laptop would not boot up, instead it is giving me SMART failure message. Hit F1 to continue and when I hit F1 nothing happens. My laptop info is an HP Pavilion dv9930us notebook with Vista 64 OS.

Regards,