Getting a WRT54GS router to install

Solved/Closed
Chuck - Jan 31, 2011 at 06:24 PM
rey007360 Posts 39 Registration date Wednesday August 25, 2010 Status Member Last seen January 31, 2011 - Jan 31, 2011 at 06:50 PM
Hello,

I have an old Linksys WRT54GS v.2 router. I've been trying to install router using the set-up CD with a computer using Windows 7. When it analyzes my internet connection, it tells me that I have no connection. I do have a connection, and my cable modem is working perfectly well. How do I get the set-up program to find the connection and go on to the next step?
Related:

1 response

rey007360 Posts 39 Registration date Wednesday August 25, 2010 Status Member Last seen January 31, 2011 4
Jan 31, 2011 at 06:50 PM
Hi,

My advice is first, reset your router to default settings. This will clear up what you have configured there earlier. To do so, find the button "Reset" and push or hold it for about 30 seconds then release. Next, open any browser like Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox then type in 192.168.1.1 and hit Enter on your keyboard. Authentication box will appear, type in username: admin, password: admin. Then, configure the encryption for wifi. Take a tour inside its interface after logging in to your router's console. Save settings after each changes you have made. Put the cable from your modem to the router, plug it on the port labeled Internet, DSL or the like. Then have other cable and connect the computer to the router's other port.

Good luck and I hope this helps.