FIFA 23 download in progress
You will be automatically redirected to the homepage in 30 seconds.
FIFA 23 brings more content, better graphics, improved player motion, finer character controls, advanced game modes, and women's leagues and teams. Indeed, a truly innovative title in the world's most famous soccer franchise.
- Hypermotion 2: The Hypermotion 2 technology brings all the animations and gameplay to the next level, drastically enhancing the realism of every movement and action. Based on a machine learning algorithm and learning from a bank of over 9.2 million frames of advanced capture, Hypermotion 2 can create more authentic motions for the whole team. The captures have been taken from men and women to ensure players move the way they should. Last but not least, The Active Touch system is used to improve the player's path to the ball and create more responsiveness, more refined control over your character speeds, and more.
- Crossplay: FIFA 23 supports crossplay for consoles within the same console generation and in FIFA Ultimate Team Division Rivals (except in Co-Op), FUT Champions, FUT Ultimate Online Draft, FUT Online Friendlies (except in Co-Op), FUT Play a Friend, Online Friendlies, Online Seasons (except in Co-Op Seasons) and the Virtual Bundesliga.
- Women's Clubs: For the first time, FIFA 23 introduces women's football clubs, including England's FA Women's Super League and the French Division 1 Féminine at launch, but more women's football leagues will be added later. Sam Kerr has become the first female footballer to stand on the game's front cover.
- New icons: Three new icons have been added, including Gerd Müller, Xabi Alonso, and Jairzinho. However, six icons have been removed, including Diego Maradona, Ryan Giggs, Pep Guardiola, Deco, Marc Overmars, and Filippo Inzaghi. In addition, Jay-Jay Okocha and Hidetoshi Nakata are now featured as heroes.
- New Heroes: As FIFA 23 and Marvel have an exclusive deal, 21 new heroes have been added to the existing collection, including Lúcio, Jean-Pierre Papin, Rudi Völler, Diego Forlán, Rafael Márquez, Javier Mascherano, Ricardo Carvalho, Tomas Brolin, Harry Kewell, Yaya Touré, Claudio Marchisio, Landon Donovan, Joan Capdevila, Sidney Govou, Dirk Kuyt, Park Ji-sung, Włodzimierz Smolarek, Saeed Al-Owairan, and Peter Crouch.
- So many licenses: The game now features over 100 licensed stadiums, over 700 clubs, over 19.000 players, and 30 licensed leagues. New stadiums have been added, including the Philips Stadion, home of PSV Eindhoven, the Europa-Park Stadion, home of SC Freiburg, the Banc of California Stadium, and more.
Graphics and sound
FIFA 23 features way better graphics than the last title, and you will notice significant improvements in lighting, shadow, and reflection techniques on both next-gen consoles and PC. Moreover, the OST and all the subtle visual and audio feedbacks bring the immersiveness to the next level and offer a truly realistic experience.
Duration and game modes
FIFA 23 features many different game modes you can play as long as you want. But having a decent level to face other players may take dozens of hours.
- Kick-Off: This is an offline mode designed to create quick matches and play against your friends or an AI. You can select any available team, and several sub-modes are available depending on your liking, including Classic Match, House Rules, and lots more.
- Online Friendlies: This is an online mode where you can invite a friend to play an online match. You can keep track of your results over five seasons and see who's the best. At the end of it, the player with the most points wins the trophy.
- Tournaments: You are free to create your tournament, selecting your tournament type, rules, and teams, or pick one of the 50 real football tournaments included. Also, play in the Women's International Cup or lead one of the UEFA Champions League or CONMEBOL Libertadores teams to the final.
- Skill Games: This game mode aims at testing and improving your skills by completing specific challenges to test your chop shots, free kicks, dribbling, and more. You will be able to see your performances on the leaderboards and compete with other players.
- Practice Arena: There you can select a goalkeeper and a player to train your dribbling, shooting, and goalkeeping skills, but also practice penalties and free kicks.
- VOLTA FOOTBALL: The VOLTA FOOTBALL adds futsal and street football matches. In this mode, you can create your football character, improve its skills, play single and multiplayer matches, and many other game modes like Arcade, Squads, or Battles.
- Ultimate Team: The goal is to build the greatest teams you can to complete objectives and challenges. You can add new players to your club by buying them on the global market or buying packs.
- Career Mode: In Career Mode, you can experience a lifelong football career. You can be a manager, and you will have to spend the club's budget wisely to become the greatest team. You can also embody a football player, and this time you will have to improve your character as much as possible to win great titles.
- Pro Clubs: This is an online game mode where you can create your own avatar and play your position on the pitch with your friends and other online users in an 11 vs. 11 match. Match after match, you will gain XP and level up.
- Seasons: This experience is split into online or co-op. In co-op seasons, you can play with a friend online against two other friends. In online seasons, you can play with your favorite team against other online users within your division, earn points to climb up the divisions and try to win the title.
- FIFA World Cup: FIFA announced the 2022 World Cup in Qatar and the 2023 Women's World Cup in Australia-New Zealand would be available in FIFA 23 as post-release content updates.
What do the reviews say?
FIFA 23 has a Metacritic score of 77/100.
"While the negative side of FIFA is still present, from the way world-class-difficulty AI opponents never miss a shot, to how pace is still a potentially game-breaking attribute, it's fair to say the good easily outweighs the bad. As EA's time on this series comes to a close, FIFA 23 is a reminder of why this series is so huge, in more good ways than bad." (GAMINGbible)
FIFA 23 has been rated PEGI 3, so it can be considered suitable for all audiences.