Automatic restart

Closed
helpme - Feb 19, 2011 at 02:31 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Feb 20, 2011 at 04:23 AM
i was playing a game and i pressed controll+alt+delete. I was going to check something up on the internet. But when i did that it sudently started to freeze a bit and everything got laggy. So i exited the game through controll+alt+delete. And it still was laggy and i tried to open Mozilla Firefox and nothing happend. I got a crash report maybe 2minutes later. And sudently out of nowhere the toolbar went from being windows xp to windows 95 and everything became real slow. So i pressed the turn of button and the computer used 1-2seconds to turn it self off and it usaly uses like 20seconds. When i turned it back on again i got crash report, and i pressed start normaly and the windows xp logo comes up and it starts loading. And sudently the loading freezes and the computer restarts it self. I have pressed F8 and turned of auto restarting but it is still auto-restarting. What am i gonna do please help me.

2 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Feb 19, 2011 at 05:33 PM
Hello,

Can you boot in safe mode with networking ?

Were you playing a game online ? You may have contracted a virus.

Why did you use alt+ctrl+del to exit the game?

What was the game?

Did you ever have win95 on that computer?

What did the crash report say?
no, i cant boot in safe mode. same problem.
I was playing a online game, and the game was RIft. Beta testing.
No, it has only been a windows xp computer.
the crash report tells me that windows did not start witout a fail.
please elp me
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Feb 20, 2011 at 04:23 AM
Looks that the beta version game corrupted your system.

You must insert your XP disk and boot. You should get the repair option to choose.

Good luck