C:\recycled\boot.com is not valid for Win32

Closed
saeed - Jan 8, 2009 at 05:53 AM
 Helper - Mar 20, 2009 at 01:53 PM
hello
after i intalled the windows xp then i went to my computer and when i select drive e or d or c all of the gave this error to me C:\recycled\boot.com is not valid for Win32
and i cant enter to my drives of course i can do it by right click on the drive and select explor but i wanat to open my drives directly
thank you

2 responses

dv9700pav Posts 10 Registration date Tuesday October 14, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 14, 2009 12
Jan 8, 2009 at 06:26 AM
hi,
update all your antivirus and antispyware software.
scan the computer while in SAFE MODE.
after the scan, restart your computer and do these:
Go to
>"My Computer"
>"Tools"
>"Folder Options"
>"View"
>Select "Hidden Files and Folders
>open the infected drive and you should see the hidden folders:
( Recycler->Resycled->Autorun.Ini).
Select each of them and click on "SHIFT+DELETE" & ENTER.
after this, restat your computer and you should be out of it.
download this tool and scan it

https://www.precisesecurity.com/antivirus/
Hi,
I just want to take a second to say thanks for the help. I had reinstalled my OS on my system partition after becoming infected by this recycler virus. However, all my other partitions still had the autorun.inf files still sitting on them. Once I clicked on any partition, the same old error message would pop up and all the offending registry entries would then recreate themselves from this. It was something I have never seen before because no virus was running in memory and I cleaned my registry using OTMoveIt3 and I couldn't figure out how it still had any effect on my computer, but live and learn. Thanks to you, I understood that it was the autorun.inf files which were creating the nuisance. THANK YOU!!
Hi,
A month or so ago I had a run in with this same virus/worm. I used this forum to help me solve it along with the one over at https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/200165/recycler-virus/ The major difference between the two is that the other forum informed me that I should use the OTMoveIt3 utility found at http://oldtimer.geekstogo.com/OTMoveIt3.exe This applet will allow you to search your registry for the keys which are creating the autorun.inf files in the first place. If you simply follow the instructions shown on this thread telling you to remove the autorun.inf files without disinfecting your registry, then the corrupting registry keys will simply write the autorun.inf files back onto your computer. Furthermore, this is assuming that there is no active malware currently running on your computer which is writing itself back to registry every time you clean it out. So, in summary, you need to first remove the offending virus/worm program from memory using antivirus software, you then need to use OTMoveIt3.exe to clean your registry files, and finally you will simply need to delete any autorun.inf files on your partitions. IMPORTANT...Please read the directions on how to use OTMoveIt3 over on the other thread.