Power failure

Closed
rca5419 - Mar 24, 2011 at 12:13 AM
shootingfish Posts 14 Registration date Sunday February 6, 2011 Status Member Last seen September 1, 2011 - Mar 24, 2011 at 07:32 AM
Hello,
My Asus F%RL works fine but suddenly without warning loses power and can immediately be ebooted without any problems.I emoved the batery and held down the switch for 60 secs as recommended by the Asus tech, but the problem still occasionally recurs.

Related:

1 response

shootingfish Posts 14 Registration date Sunday February 6, 2011 Status Member Last seen September 1, 2011 1
Mar 24, 2011 at 07:32 AM
Sounds like an overheating issue. When it next turns itself off you can check this by touching the keyboard, or the area to the left of the mouse pad.

If there is a lot of heat, either remove the back cover plate and use compressed air to remove dirt and dust from the extractor fan. using a vacuum cleaner can help but it is not nearly as effective as using canned air or high pressure air hose.

Also, think about where the laptop is blowing it's hot air out. If like mine most of the air blows to the rear then keep a good gap between the air and the exhaust fan. the worst ones are where the air blows from the underside. In these cases you would need to elevate your laptop and keep it from being sat on fabrics and other insulating surfaces