LG Gram laptop won't turn on

Closed
tinyhipsterboy - Dec 22, 2021 at 08:49 PM
 tinyhipsterboy - Jan 1, 2022 at 02:33 PM
Hello,

I bought an LG Gram at Costco back in August. It's worked pretty much fine, and I used it on a trip just over a month ago with no issues (on Nov 5-7). I set it to charge via USB-C and that's worked fine, even the time I let my laptop die and recharged it via USB-C.

I haven't used my laptop since Nov 5-7. Yesterday, I opened my laptop and pressed the power button. Nothing happened.

I plugged in my Anker USB-C charger, the same one I used before, and the charging LED blinked once. The power button light blinks 3 times, as do the F5 and F9 keys. The keyboard will sometimes flash and then go dark.

I figured the laptop was just dead, so I let it charge for a few hours. Nothing. I changed outlets; nothing. I used a different Anker USB-C charger and changed outlets; nothing.

I left it plugged in overnight and it still won't turn in. I've tried:
-holding the power button for up to 2 minutes
-holding the power button + F11 at the same time for up to 2 minutes
-pressing Fn+F3 to see if the screen was just dim
-pressing Fn+F4 to see if the screen was just off
-pressing Fn+F7 to see if the display was modified

It won't turn on, and I need it for work. I can't take out the battery because it's not removable unless I disassemble the laptop, and I don't know if that would void the warranty. I didn't bring the normal charger with me traveling because I've had no issues with the USB-C charger, having used it multiple times over the few months I've had the laptop.

I have another charger coming in the mail that will hopefully fit the power port. Is there anything else I can try to get the laptop to turn on in the meantime?

System Configuration: iPhone / Chrome 96.0.4664.101
Related:

2 responses

tinyhipsterboy
Jan 1, 2022 at 02:33 PM
I ended up solving it -- the issue was the charger. I think since my laptop was dead for so long, it stopped recognizing USB-C as a charger. Once I managed to get a universal charger that worked with my computer's power port, it booted right up.