Network Controller is not Working!!!!

Solved/Closed
shahnan Posts 2 Registration date Friday April 25, 2008 Status Member Last seen April 26, 2008 - Apr 26, 2008 at 02:30 AM
 Yosha - Nov 21, 2012 at 05:46 PM

Due to a virus problem, I have had to install windows (xp) on my laptop but in device manager under other devices the following item has yellow question marks:-

network controller

As network controller driver is missing I can't connect to the internet to download drivers directly from internet, though I do have access to the internet via another pc.

Can somebody please help me get my laptop back on the internet?

My computer details generated by EVEREST Home Edition is as follows :

---[ EVEREST Home Edition (c) 2003-2005 Lavalys, Inc. ]------------------------------------------------------------

Version : EVEREST v2.20.405
Report Type : Report Wizard
Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600 (WinXP Retail)
--------[ Summary ]---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Computer:
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional
OS Service Pack : Service Pack 2
DirectX : 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)

Motherboard:
CPU Type :Mobile Intel Pentium 4M, 2200 MHz (22 x 100)
Motherboard Name :TOSHIBA DynaBook Satellite 1860
Motherboard Chipset :Intel Brookdale i845MP
System Memory :640 MB (DDR SDRAM)
BIOS Type :Toshiba (01/30/03)
Communication Port :Communications Port (COM1)
Communication Port :ECP Printer Port (LPT1)

Display:
Video Adapter : Trident Video Accelerator CyberBlade-XP2 (32 MB)
Video Adapter :Trident Video Accelerator CyberBlade-XP2 (32 MB)
Monitor : Toshiba Internal 1024x768 Panel

Multimedia:
Audio Adapter :Intel 82801CAM ICH3-M - AC'97 Audio Controller [B-1]

Storage:
IDE Controller :Intel(R) 82801CAM Ultra ATA Storage Controller-248A
Floppy Drive :Floppy disk drive
Disk Drive :TOSHIBA MK3021GAS (30 GB, 4200 RPM, Ultra-ATA/100)
Optical Drive :SONY DVD+RW DW-P50A
SMART Hard Disks Status : OK

Partitions:
C: (NTFS) 17547 MB (15203 MB free)
D: (NTFS) 11068 MB (10059 MB free)
Total Size 27.9 GB (24.7 GB free)

Input:
Keyboard Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard
Mouse PS/2 Compatible Mouse

Network:
Network Adapter : Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connection (10.100.50.152)

Peripherals:
USB1 Controller Intel 82801CAM ICH3-M - USB Controller [B-1]
USB1 Controller Intel 82801CAM ICH3-M - USB Controller [B-1]
Battery Microsoft AC Adapter
Battery Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Shahadat
Related:

2 responses

Hi

After a week of pulling my hair out I finally cracked it. Hope this is of some help.

Go to the following website : https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/unknown_devices.html and download the unknown devices file.(UKD). Unzip it and then run it, this will tell you the name of the device that you are looking for, if it doesn't look under Computer missing names. That is where I found out that I had an Intel pro/wireless 2200BG installed.It willalso give you the names of anything else you don't have a driver for. The rest was easy, went to Intel and downloaded the correct driver and installed it. Works a treat, I can now give it back to my uncle.
Hey Gazza, I read the thread on the network controller and I went to halfdone.com but it appears they don't have NT support available only XP and older. Where can I get a similar program that allows device detection on Windows Vista? If you have an answer for this then please get back to me at dj.ortana@gmail.com thanks
finally fixed
Dec 10, 2008 at 08:27 PM
gazza,
many thanks to you for the unknown devices program tip. I had the wireless problem due to a hd replacement. the lenovo website said my laptop had a ibm 2200 wireless adapter and no matter what I did with any drivers it wouldn't work. I used the ud program and found out I had a ibm 2100 adapter. downloaded the proper driver and it worked, so thanks again. I spent hours on this problem.
you really got me back on track with that program link
Hi
Thank you for your help!
I just downloaded "UD" program and it seems that my problem will be solved.
Good Luck
Dear Gazza, thanks a lot.
Your advice, was great, I followed it and the problem is fixed now.
Thanks again.
dude I have the same problem as u what did is got that software unkown drivers and dowloaded beta only to found out it was a 3COM Corp, Networking Division 3C910 Integrated Fast Ethernet Controller (3CSOHO100B-TX Compatible)!!!! so I searched and downloaded from 3com corp and extracted using winrar and fallowed instructions for xp and now im happy that I can play xbox online sweet@@!!!