Black Screen in Vista

Solved/Closed
aerobaker Posts 10 Registration date Friday January 16, 2009 Status Member Last seen March 17, 2009 - Jan 17, 2009 at 07:29 AM
 ETI COMPUTER COMPANY - Jan 17, 2009 at 08:05 AM
Hello,
Dell Inspiron, Vista. After a re-start I now have a black screen with white cursor. Nothing seems to have any affect. I've tried every form of safe mode restart. When I hit the shift key 5 times, I hear a chirp but the black screen reamins.
I goes through all the screens (Dell, then Microsoft Windows with the moving bar) and it sounds like a regular start-up, then I get he black screen. I've tried the Repair Computer option (from the F8 menu), select my user id and p/w, select System Restore but it tell sme there are no restore points.
When I select "Windows Complete PC Restore" it tells me it cannot find a backup on this computer.
I can go to command prompt, but I don't know what command prompt to type in.(I can actually pull up Notepad from there)
I am at a loss as what to do from here. I 've tried the restore CD, but I can't even see that menu without the desktop comming up.
Need help - thanks
Related:

2 responses

tipcojuice Posts 16 Registration date Tuesday August 26, 2008 Status Member Last seen April 14, 2009 1
Jan 17, 2009 at 07:57 AM
hi,
check this link:
http://ccm.net/forum/affich 27268 black screen with cursor
you will get support from Micrsoft.
ETI COMPUTER COMPANY
Jan 17, 2009 at 08:05 AM
it sounds like something erased your data on your harddrive. either you or a virus, but it can be fixed! just not a the cost of you getting your files back. if you are not concerned about your files, then email me. we fix labtops all the time. If you are going to ship it to me I will pay for the shipping cost to and from. call us toll free @ 1-866-954-4522 so we can get this fixed for you a.s.a.p.

EXTRATERRESTRIAL TECHNOLOGIES INC./ARCHEMEDES COMPUTER SERVICE.