I am 14

Closed
Charlie - Jan 19, 2009 at 11:29 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Jan 19, 2009 at 03:14 PM
Hello,
I am having the same problems as some of the peeps on here in that my computer only has the fan working when I turn on, this has been happening since I attached an external hard drive to it. (I took it off now) I am a gamer so wanted all files and folders stored so to keep room for the games. Now I am having to use my Mums computer. I wonder if putting the external storage has damaged something, usually I am good at fixing computer problems but I can't even give it commands, no periphials! I am 14, my Mum won't buy me a computer even though she did give me one of her books to show me what the inside looks like, she does computer stuff, but hasn't got time. I am going to do what you suggested to someone else but first I want to know if the external drive could have done something. The power light does not come but the processing light blinks...help ?
Thanx
BTW I am writing this from a different computer.

3 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jan 19, 2009 at 01:07 PM
First try to get into the BIOS when you start the computer. You hit Del or F2 or F8 or F10, depending on the make of the computer, just after you start the computer. This will tell you if the CPU is working at all. One note: your computer has one light for POWER and one light for HDD (hard disk activity) it does not have a CPU light. Since the second light does not come one - we assume the hard disk is not being read and the OS is not being loaded. Good Luck
Well, The computer won't even switch on.
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jan 19, 2009 at 03:14 PM
OK - See if you can borrow a old used power supply from a friend and install it in your computer.