ADDING A LAPTOP TO MY NETWORK

Closed
vicki vale - Jan 20, 2009 at 06:24 AM
 Charlene /HELP - Jan 20, 2009 at 09:19 PM
Hello,
I have a desktop, with a comcast modem & a netgear router. my laptop is set up with my network but my husband has a compaq laptop,(without a wi-fi card installed directly in his laptop), is there any one who can help me network his laptop through mine or with our desktop? His computer is a little older than mine, he has windows xp..I have vista,(if that matters), his model # is 1456vqlit. i have tried & tried to set up a new network connection, but when i start the network set up wizard i make it all the way through the process where it is trying to find the network. Then it says i need to choose from a list of: "create a network setup disk,use the network setup disk i already have,use my windows XP cd, or just finish the wizard i don't to run the wizard on other computers". also, under "my network connections", under LAN or HI-SPEED INTERNET there is a picture of 2 computers with an "X" on there & it says "LOCAL AREA CONNECTION- network cable unpluged, realtek rtl8139 family PCI fast ethernet NIC." If anyone can help me i would REALLY appreciate it!!!!!

THANKS.
FROM A SOUTHERN BELL!!
Related:

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jan 20, 2009 at 02:38 PM
This is a link to a good site for info on home network connections. I hope this helps.

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-set-up-a-network-4097198
Charlene /HELP
Jan 20, 2009 at 09:19 PM
I am having the same problem, I am told it is VISTA and their crap stopping my netbook from talking to my wireless router, did you get the answer? I have a sat card, but I already pay comcast for internet service at home and I can not connect to the wireless... Crap Thanks Charlene