Getting prompt-name list while entering data

Solved/Closed
suryam - May 2, 2011 at 01:07 AM
 suryam - May 2, 2011 at 12:24 PM
Hello,
I have a new question now.
I will have traveller /passenger names who travel frequently (or having travelled atleast once by buying tickets from our agency) in my sales report.

I have a worksheet containing names of the persons who took tickets from our agency. while creating a new invoice for a company/person...I need to type the names of the passengers under the "description" in the column B (b31:b42).
pls refer to my sales report which is located at http://wikisend.com/download/354188/sales report model.xlsa .

Is there any way to get the names of the existing travellers(who are our old customers) while typing the names in the column range b31 to b42? I mean to say...suppose that Rahul is our old customer....and I am preparing a new invoice for his new travel trip . I need to type Rahul ...while typing R..can I get "PROMPTING" for the names of the persons whose starting letter is R? I may be crazy...but it helps me a lot ...pls help..bye suryam

Related:

2 responses

TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen December 27, 2022 552
May 2, 2011 at 09:32 AM
Hi Suryam,

Date validation could work for you.

Create a list of the names of your old customers on a different sheets or on the bottom of your sheet or anymwhere.

Select the destination range (B31:B42), goto top menu > validate.
Below Allow choose list and below Source select the range you used for your old customers list.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Trowa
Hi , thank you very much for your help. you indeed reduced my work greatly. thanks again for your valuable solution to my question...thanks bye Mr.Suryam