The Computer Name (or PC Name) is what identifies a computer on a local network. This tutorial describes two simple methods on how to change the name of a Windows 10 computer.
How to change PC Name on Windows 10, 11 via settings?
1) Click on the Start menu and then go to Settings > System > About section. Under the Device specifications section, click on Rename PC.
2) Type the name you'd like to use and click on Next.
3) You will need to restart your PC to apply your new settings. Click on Restart Now to proceed.
How to change PC Name from the Control Panel?
1) Right-click on the Start menu > Control Panel > System. Go to the Computer name, domain, and workgroup settings section and click Change Settings.
2) This will take you to System Properties dialogue window. Go to the Computer Name tab and click on the Change button. Edit the current computer name and click OK:
3) Restart your PC and you're good to go.
How to change your PC Name via Command Prompt?
1) Press the Windows key + X to open the Quick Access menu. Then, click on Command Prompt (Admin).
2) In the Command Prompt, type WMIC computersystem command to change your computer name, assuming you know the current computer name.
WMIC computersystem where caption='current_pc_name' rename new_pc_name
3) Replace current_pc_name with your current computer name and new_pc_name with a new computer name.
4) After running the command, you need to reboot the computer to save the changes.
- Change computer name cmd
- Rename computer cmd
- Cmd change computer name
- Use Net Send: in Windows 10, in CMD > Guide
- Change lg tv name > Guide
- Clear ram windows 10 cmd > Guide
- Get a computer name from IP address in a LAN: command line > Guide
- Inkscape change language > Guide