The Computer Name (or PC Name) is what identifies a computer on a local network. This tutorial describes two simple methods on how to change the name of a Windows 10 computer.
How to change PC Name on Windows 10 via settings?
1) Click on the Start menu and then go to Settings > System > About section. Click on Rename PC.
2) Type the name you'd like to use and click on Next.
3) You will need to restart your PC in order to apply your new settings. Click on Restart Now to proceed.
How to change PC Name from the Control Panel?
1) Right-click on the Start menu > Control Panel > System. Go to the Computer name, domain, and workgroup settings section and click on Change Settings.
2) This will take you to System Properties dialogue window. Go to the Computer Name tab and click on the Change button. Edit the current computer name and click OK:
3) Restart your PC and you're good to go.
How to change your PC Name via Command Prompt?
1) Press the Windows key + X to open the Quick Access menu. Then, click on Command Prompt (Admin).
2) In the Command Prompt, type WMIC computersystem command to change your computer name, assuming you know the current computer name.
WMIC computersystem where caption='current_pc_name' rename new_pc_name
3) Replace current_pc_name with your current computer name and new_pc_name with your the new computer name.
4) After running the command, you need to reboot the computer to save the changes.
- How To Change Windows 10's Default Photo Viewer
- Modify The Creation Date of Files With Attribute Changer
- Change the Name on Your Microsoft Account on Windows 8.1
- Save Documents to PDF Format in Windows 10
- How To Change the Color of the Taskbar in Windows 7
- Pin Run to the Windows Start menu: on Windows 7/8/10
- Send text messages from Windows 10 via Your Phone app
- How to adjust default virtual memory size on Windows 10?
- How to install the latest Windows 10 update?
- How to create a Windows 10 bootable USB or installation DVD?
- Disable background apps: on Windows 10, 7, and 8
- Windows 10 Quick Access menu: customize and edit
- Delete Windows.old from Windows 10: via CCleaner, Start menu
- Save documents as PDF: on Windows 10, 8 and 7
- God Mode folder on Windows 10: features
- How to send email attachments on Windows 10?
- Multi-touch gestures on Windows 10: enable and disable
- Customize the Send To menu on Windows 10: add items
- Change Windows 10 settings: language and region
- Reset Windows password: via cmd, without logging in
- Open the Device Manager on Windows 10: via cmd, run, shortcut
- How to find the hidden apps folder on Windows 10
- Reinstall Windows 10 without losing data: via USB or ISO
- How to customize Mail app settings on Windows 10