Comp no boot with hd or dd conected

Closed
Lone_Wolf Posts 4 Registration date Saturday May 14, 2011 Status Member Last seen May 15, 2011 - May 14, 2011 at 07:01 PM
Lone_Wolf Posts 4 Registration date Saturday May 14, 2011 Status Member Last seen May 15, 2011 - May 15, 2011 at 06:05 PM
Hello,

HP Pavilion
8 gbs ram
1tb hard drive
amd athlon 2 x 4 processor 3.0 ghz ((i cant stand amd))
Windows 7 Professional
McAfee Full protection

i woke up yesterday morning to a chose boot-able device screen

so i attempted to insert my back up disc NO luck at all

i turned it off and back on now the boot-able mune is gone wont load setup back up anything

next step checked my Cmos battery removed it for 10 minutes tested the voltage right at 3

next removed my ram sticks and beeps,

so next step was unplugging my dvd-rw drive still no luck

plugged that back in and did the same with my hard drive NOTHING

so i unplugged them both and i get my boot-able device screen back GO FIGURE ok so i get the screen back up and plug in both drives and nothing

i have a Motherboard with 24 pins and a side 6 pin and i have a little older computer with a 20 pin 6 pin power supply so i switch them out and try that no luck at all

i have no extra pci slots being used since the tower came with a Nvidia Geforce Integrated graphics card witch the heat sink has been abnormally hot the last week

now i have a Seagate external hd so i took the connector off of that and hooked it up to my towers hd and my laptop didn't recognize it it also didn't recognize my Light scribe dvd-Rw

so after all this I AM LOST on what this could be witch is hard for me to say cause i have ran my own repair show for 5 years until 6 months ago i got an Apprenticeship for a Machinist

Thank you for any help that can be sumbited

Related:

1 response

Lone_Wolf Posts 4 Registration date Saturday May 14, 2011 Status Member Last seen May 15, 2011
May 15, 2011 at 06:05 PM
ok tested another Video card no go also picked up a new power supply no go this is really throwing me for a loop i hope its not my motherboard

i guess the last thing i can by is a pci sata port i will try that next