Computer does not boot, stuck in bios boot screen

Solved/Closed
navin.rahim Posts 2 Registration date Friday June 28, 2013 Status Member Last seen June 28, 2013 - Updated on Dec 17, 2018 at 02:09 PM
 Thulisile - Sep 15, 2021 at 07:24 AM
Hi,

My computer, one day, when I switched it on, lost few icons on the desktop and became very very slow. I restarted it. But there was no change. So I decided to restore it to some day before so that I might get my last good configuration, but then problems began.

I pressed F8 and selected the Safe mode, but it showed some file name was corrupted, insert windows disc. But it went off quickly that I could not write down the file name.

I tried it once again, but now that screen too wasn't coming. F8 stopped working or so, it just went on to the screen where the blue bar moves under the logo and it was there for 1 hour and nothing came so I restarted it using the button on the CPU.

Now it took almost 20 odd minutes for overcoming the bios screen (in which an intel logo is present and a statement F2 for opening BIOS page) then came the Windows logo and moving blue bar. and nothing came for about 2 hours. Now, I restarted it again. The BIOS screen with intel logo and F2 for BIOS configuration comes, but thereafter no response.

I tried pressing the F2 button, nothing comes after 3-4 key presses. Just to inform, pressing any key makes a beep sound from CPU.

Now I don't know what to do. I have a windows 7 CD but no Windows XP CD.

Nothing comes after the BIOS boot screen. Even I cannot access the BOOT screen configuration.
Related:

3 responses

After not being able to get the initial solution to work, this solved my problem!
Thanks Satish, this fixed it for me.
Thank you