Hp help

Closed
spike123 Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday January 21, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 22, 2009 - Jan 22, 2009 at 03:34 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Jan 22, 2009 at 05:26 PM
Hello,
i have the hp office jet d135 an when i tried to install it useing a down loaded software/driver from a hp site i got error msg "rpc server not available" wat dose this mean and how can i fix it please im totaly lost
ps
in lamens terms pleas as i dont have a clue with al this computer jargun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thanks in advance for the help
spike123
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jan 22, 2009 at 05:26 PM
You probably have the print spooler service turned off. To fix it do this:

The spoolsv.exe is Windows Printer Spooler, a service that stores printer jobs and forwards them to the printer when it is ready. The spoolsv.exe file is located in the c:\windows\System32 folder.

1. Click Start, Run.
2. Type services.msc and click OK. Scroll down until you find the "Print Spooler" line.
3. Right-click Print Spooler line and click Properties in the drop down box.
4. Change the startup type to Automatic by clicking on the down arrow and selecting Automatic
5. exit and restart the computer the print should then install/work

If you get an error when trying to start the service. Then copy the Spoolss.exe and Spoolss.dll files from the Microssoft cdrom
� Place the files in: c:\winnt\System32 folder on the affected computer.
� Next go back into services and try to restart the service