Copy files from corrupted xp

Closed
ash - Jan 22, 2009 at 11:36 PM
 yvette - Oct 30, 2009 at 04:48 AM
Hello,
hi dud if ur last post was nice , but can u help me in this for recovering my files from my old xp.

the problem is...... I've xp in my c drive and its corrupted now . So i installed a new xp in D drive keeping the C drive as it is. but i need the files to be copied from my old xp desktop folder
[ C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop ]
since its an password protected admin account i'm unable to access the folder....
And all were my project files. Its secured data's i cant prepare new datas since it may take an year too. so i tried with LINUX OS too namely ubuntu 8.1 and fedora 8 live CDS but it says<ital> NTFS format is not accessible</ital>. while i'm surfing i came across ur page for something like that so kindly please assist me in getting the files reply me as soon as possible please reply me ........ please...... please.....
Related:

3 responses

Hi You Can Repair or upgrade your XP after that you can able to access your old OS desktop items....
try it man....
vanpie Posts 9 Registration date Monday January 19, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 11, 2009 31
Jan 23, 2009 at 12:27 AM
Did your old xp on drive c:\ had password protected? where you using a password to log in to windows?
my files are in an admin account with password so i'm unable to access it enevthough i connect my xp as secondary to another HDD .. please reply me soon please
i mean the account is password protected so its not allowing to access the desktop files becoz of admin rights for the old xp.....
i mean the account is password protected so its not allowing to access the desktop files becoz of admin rights for the old xp.....
hi! has this issue been resolved? i have the same problem. the windows is corrupted and the admin account has a password protection. i've installed another windows on my hdd but can't access my files. is there any way you are aware of that i can do to retrieve the files?
superfreakz Posts 17 Registration date Wednesday October 1, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 12, 2009
Jan 23, 2009 at 03:06 AM
You can access the admin account by going on safe mode this is easy. Simply just boot it in safe mode and the admin account will not require you to enter a password to access the account. this might solve the issue for the password and once you have accessed the account you can now move what you need