HP Pavillion closes out

Closed
bookwoman6851 - Jun 22, 2011 at 08:00 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Jun 22, 2011 at 09:13 PM
Hello, I have an HP computer Pavillion 730. I have been plaing games and everything was fine. The weather warmed up and the temperature in the room warmed and all of a sudden in the middle of the game, any game, the power shuts off. Sometimes I can turn it back on and it will barely load windows and then it shuts down again. I had it on today and it stayed on 25 minutes and powered off. Does any one know what I can do about this? Is it overheating? Is it the power supply?

Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jun 22, 2011 at 09:13 PM
Yes, this sounds like an overheating problem. You should make sure that the PC is clean of dust. Take the PC outside - remove the side panel and use a vacuum cleaner to BLOW out the dust. Do not touch anything inside and DO NOT use the suction side to vacuum out the PC. (too much chance to damage things if you poke around inside the PC)

A nine or ten year old computer might have a failing power supply or just a power supply jammed full of dust. Do not mess with the insides of the power supply. (it's way too dangerous).

You could run the computer with the side off and a desk fan pointed at the insides. That might keep the thing running a bit longer.

Good Luck