Search Engine Hack?

Closed
mountaingirl Posts 1 Registration date Friday January 23, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 24, 2009 - Jan 24, 2009 at 10:49 AM
 noni - Jan 24, 2009 at 11:35 PM
Hello,
Each time i visit a search engine, all of the results that turn up lead me to random advertisement website like yellowpages, cheap hotels, antivirus scan 2009, etc. I have disabled 3rd party cookies, run an adaware scan (which turned up no results), and now my firewall system has been prevented from connecting to the internet anymore. I have also run a few different scans on my computer which have turned up either no results, or a result that the scanning software could not get rid of. I do not know what else to do.

Thanks.
Related:

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jan 24, 2009 at 06:40 PM
You need a bootable rescue CD and can bypass the infection on you hard drive.
On another computer with a CD RW drive -Download Avira Rescue CD from this site
http://www.free-av.de/en/tools/12/avira_an...cue_system.html
It will burn the CD when you execute it on the 2nd computer.

Take the CD to the infected PC - change the PC to boot from the CDROM drive and boot the CD.
It boots a Linux based OS and has tools to fix your PC

Good Luck
it is because your computer is infected by rogue spywares that appeas as fake ANTIVIRUS 2009
Antivirus 2009 is an unwanted program, from the authors of Antivirus 2008 . (it has many clones like antivirus 2010, antivirus 360, virus responselab 2009, ultimate antivirus etc). These applications have resembling interface and "features". After stealth installation, Antivirus 2009 will show tonns of fake spyware\adware detection messages and offers to remove reported threats (after you purchase commercial version). But in real Antivirus 2009 is not a spyware cleaner, it's just an imitation of spyware remover. Antivirus 2009 can also slow your computer and cause system errors and crashes. Remove Antivirus 2009 using manual removal instructions (for advanced users) or removal tool. use manual removal guide
http://remove-fake-antivirus2009.flesh9.com