Not sure what problem is or where to look

Closed
vgarden Posts 1 Registration date Sunday July 24, 2011 Status Member Last seen July 24, 2011 - Jul 24, 2011 at 12:11 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Jul 24, 2011 at 12:19 PM
Hello,

I have a Dell Inspiron 1464. I had to order this computer and being the cheap person that I am I chose the free shipping, what I didn't know was the computer would be shipped by rail. Of course the train derailed (no joke) which delayed the delivery, when it did come the box looked fine no scratches nothing so instead of being hesitant and sending it back for fear something had gone wrong with it I kept it.

The computer itself seems fine no dings nothing, but when using in order to go to the next page on a website or for example on the google search box in order to instead of just highlighting what comes up I have to type out what I am looking for but I can only do any of this if I hit the popup (I don't know the correct name) button. i have to turn it off and on to change a page on a website or to use the google search.

I do not know if this is a Explorer 9 problem, a computer software problem or a windows 7 problem. If someone could help me fix this or at least where and what the problem is I would be very happy! It is a pain to have to hit the popup button everytime I want to change a page.

Thank you
Vickie

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Jul 24, 2011 at 12:19 PM
You have free phone support from Dell. I would first try their phone line.

Good Luck