BLANK SCREEN WITH POWER TO DESKTOP

Closed
charliemoo Posts 9 Registration date Saturday July 30, 2011 Status Member Last seen July 31, 2011 - Jul 30, 2011 at 02:06 PM
charliemoo Posts 9 Registration date Saturday July 30, 2011 Status Member Last seen July 31, 2011 - Jul 31, 2011 at 03:23 AM
Hello, i recentley came home after a two week holiday to turn my pc on as normal, i clicked on my ITunes to play music, then the apple update came on so i agreed & it started to download, within about 5 minites after my computer froze & my music sounded like a scratched record,

so i restarted the desktop & then waited for the safe mode screen to flash up but nothing...theres full power but no screen.

ive tried the desktop on.....
my bedroom tv which is the normal one i use which is dvi
ive tried my living room one which is hdmi
& lastley ive tried my normal office moniter

nothing.... :.(

my first thought would be my video card is failing to work so i bought a new one & inserted it & clean most of the dust away......still nothing.....

im running out if idea's & its driving me mad

thankyou, charlie

Related:

1 response

Anonymous User
Jul 30, 2011 at 04:41 PM
Hello,

Try this 1

Remove the USB cable.

Unplug the power cord --> Remove the battery --> Hold the power button for 60

seconds --> Connect the power supply then try to switch ON the laptop and later

put the battery back into the laptop.

Good Luck
charliemoo Posts 9 Registration date Saturday July 30, 2011 Status Member Last seen July 31, 2011
Jul 31, 2011 at 03:15 AM
thank you for replying, however its not a laptop its a HP Pavilion slimline desktop,
im going to replace the motherboard to see if that does the trick, if not im taking in for repair,

thankyou again bionik,

charlie :)
charliemoo Posts 9 Registration date Saturday July 30, 2011 Status Member Last seen July 31, 2011
Jul 31, 2011 at 03:23 AM
also when i boot my computer it uster do a beep, but now ever since its not,
is it suposed to make a beep?

thanks charlie