My Facebook Page is Loading Blank [Solved/Closed]

AndreaGwyn 10 Posts Friday September 25, 2015Registration date October 3, 2015 Last seen - Sep 25, 2015 at 12:24 PM - Latest reply:  jonesy
- Aug 23, 2016 at 04:15 PM
Hello,
I am trying to find out why I cannot log into my facebook account, no matter what computer I try all I get is a blank page once I hit the sign in button. I can access my facebook account on my cell phone, I can log other accounts on my computer just not my facebook account. I have seen others have had the same issue. I have run my antivirus, malwarebytes, cleaned my history, cookies, cache etc, I have uninstalled chrome reinstalled it, I have tried everything I can think of. I am not a computer expert but not a novice either.

See more 

29 replies

AndreaGwyn 10 Posts Friday September 25, 2015Registration date October 3, 2015 Last seen - Oct 3, 2015 at 03:31 PM
Thank you
Sadly not with Vista, have you tried logging in on a friends computer? Or if you have a friend with Xbox and the Xbox facebook app you could try logging on your facebook there, for some reason it seemed to shake up the database so it started working. From what I found out the problem is a glitch in Facebook's database system, it is nothing with your computer, if you can access your account by other means try it. But I do recommend downloading an archive of your account once you do get it working. This his happening to thousands of people. Keep in mind Facebook tracks everything we do, even things we google, all of our likes and posts, multiply that by all of the accounts in the world on Facebook, there are bound to be system hiccups.
Ambucias 53140 Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration dateModeratorStatus July 14, 2018 Last seen - Oct 3, 2015 at 04:21 PM
Dear Andrea

Thank you for your generous insight.
Gonecrazy 2 Posts Friday October 2, 2015Registration date October 4, 2015 Last seen - Oct 4, 2015 at 07:21 PM
Thank you so much for replying to me Andrea. I get it.....you can't run a system that big without some complications now and then. So, if I can get someone with an XBox Facebook app to log into my account, and it shakes it up.....then I'll be able to access it from my desktop????
Thank you
I came across this and wanted to share because I have had this problem for months myself, had tried everything I could find to fix it with no luck. I could not get facebook on my computer but could on my phone so I knew it wasn't a problem with my account.

It seems the one answer that might have worked is the suggestion to download the archive. Problem with that is that I can't log onto facebook to get to where the archive is and I couldn't find it on my phone.

AFTER MONTHS OF TRYING I FOUND A SOLUTION!

I have been trying to find the original post because I wanted to thank the genius who posted it, but lost the post.

If you try this, please let me know if it works for you too. I'd be curious to know if it was just my situation. But like you, I tried everything else to no avail.

What was suggested was to go to https://business.facebook.com/ and set up a business account. (It's free and fairly simple, and I wasn't asked for any phone numbers, so I just made something up like a pet rescue).

Once you set it up, log into your business account and there will be a toolbar on the top of the page. click on your email address, then click on "go to personal profile."

It took me right to my original facebook page that I had been unable to get to for months. Just like that! I've been logging on with nary a problem ever since.

It's the damndest thing, and the oddest solution, but it worked!

I wish I could find the original poster and offer them my firstborn.
Dankatank > Pierre - Jun 6, 2016 at 11:00 PM
Try allowing cookies, i had mine turned off, couldnt get in. Turn then on and walah!!
Hey thanks that worked
it worked!
you re the best
Wow thanks man it did work for me... Impressive!
Just had the problem and your fix worked for me, don't know why but thank you
Ambucias 53140 Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration dateModeratorStatus July 14, 2018 Last seen - Sep 25, 2015 at 05:22 PM
Thank you
I suggest you Delete all of your temporary files and cookies and try again.

Good luck
AndreaGwyn 10 Posts Friday September 25, 2015Registration date October 3, 2015 Last seen - Sep 25, 2015 at 10:31 PM
I have done that, run crap cleaner, disk clean up, defrag.
NONE of that will work Ambucias - once you get the white screen on facebook you're account is cooked - thousands and thousands of people have been having that problem for many days to many weeks. Facebook has not even given a hit of acknowledgement about the issue
same issue... tried almost all but still the same, blank page... funny thing is that, my FB on my android phone is working fine.
I have tried on the same PC using IE, Chrome, and Safari adn none of them will load up the page after logging in. It's a blank white screen and no indication that it is working on loading. So, it's a glitch? I just restored my computer!!!!! Thought my kid put something on my computer that create the issue. How do we report this to FB?
Ambucias 53140 Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration dateModeratorStatus July 14, 2018 Last seen - Sep 26, 2015 at 04:52 AM
Thank you
Have you disabled the auto sign in from your phone?
AndreaGwyn 10 Posts Friday September 25, 2015Registration date October 3, 2015 Last seen - Sep 26, 2015 at 09:22 AM
yup
Ambucias 53140 Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration dateModeratorStatus July 14, 2018 Last seen > AndreaGwyn 10 Posts Friday September 25, 2015Registration date October 3, 2015 Last seen - Sep 26, 2015 at 04:23 PM
Have logged out of FB from your phone?
AndreaGwyn 10 Posts Friday September 25, 2015Registration date October 3, 2015 Last seen - Sep 27, 2015 at 11:18 AM
Yes, even uninstalled the app.
Ambucias 53140 Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration dateModeratorStatus July 14, 2018 Last seen - Sep 27, 2015 at 04:14 PM
Thank you
Try resetting your proxies.

Give it a try with Firefox.
AndreaGwyn 10 Posts Friday September 25, 2015Registration date October 3, 2015 Last seen - Sep 28, 2015 at 12:21 AM
I have tried it on 3 computers, firefox, ie, Microsoft Edge, my mother's computer which is in a different town, it is not my computer it is not my browser it is like my facebook account is bugged.
Ambucias 53140 Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration dateModeratorStatus July 14, 2018 Last seen - Sep 28, 2015 at 05:52 AM
Thank you
It seems to be a bug with Facebook, some people got it fixed, you can read about it here:

https://fr-fr.facebook.com/help/community/question/?id=344820752326223
AndreaGwyn 10 Posts Friday September 25, 2015Registration date October 3, 2015 Last seen > dhritimanh - Oct 1, 2015 at 11:48 AM
I am still trying to figure it out. All of the suggestions above do not work. If it was a problem with my computer other facebook pages would not work and my page would work on other computers. One site I found said it is a problem with Facebook's database, basically a hiccup in their system and the account just needs to be archived to reset the database on the account, sadly since I can only access my facebook through the mobile application that is not an available option for me.
Can we somehow delete the account without accessing it ?? I guess that is the only option ! I tried everything.
AndreaGwyn 10 Posts Friday September 25, 2015Registration date October 3, 2015 Last seen > dhritiman - Oct 2, 2015 at 02:40 PM
I have explored the phone app pretty deeply and there seems no way to delete the account, but I do know you can deactivate and reactivate accounts that might work if there is a way to do so.
AndreaGwyn 10 Posts Friday September 25, 2015Registration date October 3, 2015 Last seen - Oct 2, 2015 at 03:18 PM
I finally got my facebook to work. For some reason I decided to try the Xbox app, for Windows 10, downloaded it signed in and now it is working.
Gonecrazy 2 Posts Friday October 2, 2015Registration date October 4, 2015 Last seen > AndreaGwyn 10 Posts Friday September 25, 2015Registration date October 3, 2015 Last seen - Oct 2, 2015 at 06:54 PM
I'm having the same problem...I have Windows Vista on my computer, and can't access FB. I either get the blank white screen, or one that says "sorry something went wrong. We're working on it and we'll get it fixed as soon as we can." But I can pull Facebook up on my tablet? I've Googled and Googled and tried lots of things to fix it to no avail. Now I'm feeling frustrated, technologically impaired, and in need of some help. Got any advice for me?