Unique problem...

Closed
Samantha - Nov 1, 2011 at 06:37 PM
 Blocked Profile - Nov 2, 2011 at 12:57 AM
Hello,

I have a Mac but a few years ago a friend duel booted it for me. My computer is pretty old now and I use to be able to hold down the option button and it would let me choose my hard drive to start up from, after a while it stopped letting me do that and I have to go in and choose a startup disk from the main screen. Well, while I was on the Windows side I got a blue screen of death and now every time it starts up it says
Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: \WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM
You can attempt to repair this file by starting Windows Setup using the original setup CD-ROM.
Select 'r' at the first screen to start repair.
Well for whatever reason it is not recognizing my Windows XP startup disk at all. The same screen "Windows could not start" keeps happening over and over.
Can anyone help me?

Samantha

1 response

Blocked Profile
Nov 2, 2011 at 12:57 AM
Greetings,

Please, bare in mind that before any answer given on the forum, you should know that there are volunteers who give their time trying to solve user problems. They do have a life other than this forum including me.

Therefore, it is specifically requested from Kioskea forum users to show their respect. For this, the use of polite expressions is a minimum.
https://ccm.net/apps-sites/internet-archeology/ccm/10131-terms-of-use-for-ccm-respect-for-others/#politesse

To say please, thank you, appreciate, grateful, etc... is common courtesy when you want something, especially help!

You must copy, modify and repost your message respecting the politeness charter.

We trust that you understand.