Asus F3ke failed bios flash

Closed
jeri - Nov 4, 2011 at 09:24 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Nov 7, 2011 at 05:30 AM
hello,

after flashing the bios on my asus f3ke (from 209 origi to 212, and yes it was the right one from the asus hp for winxp) the notebook wont start at all. after after installing the prog, reboot und flashing, laptoop rebootet after 2 mins in the flashmenu and then just died. I tried every possible way that I could find to start the laoptop, after googling and trying for 2 days, inclusive the on from the last post, even if its a ASUS notebook. all the tricks with remove the battery for couple of hours, remove the hardware battery from the inside of laoptop for some hours, trying only with powerac, only with battery, with both, all the possible button combos just to make it start again, fn+c/fn+b/fn+space/fn+entf/fn+scroll, win/c/b/space/entf/scroll, with holding the powerbutton for 20-30 seks, for 1-2min mins, not holding just pressing once-ten... so im out of options and consider just to throw it away and buy a new one.

Regards
Related:

5 responses

Anonymous User
Nov 4, 2011 at 10:19 AM
Take it to a repair shop
waranty is expired so I dont realy want spent money for repair.
still hoping for some advise(s)...
nothing? ;(

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,167
Nov 7, 2011 at 05:30 AM
Dear Jeri,

I suggest you check with the manufacturer's website or google to see if there was a recall. Write to the manufacturer.

If it fails your last option is the best:"so im out of options and consider just to throw it away and buy a new one."

Regards