WLAN driver missing on hp dv9000(5)us

Solved/Closed
1lbwhite Posts 1 Registration date Sunday February 1, 2009 Status Member Last seen February 1, 2009 - Feb 1, 2009 at 06:52 PM
 treem - Apr 6, 2012 at 12:04 PM
Hello,
I have an hp pavillion dv9000(5)us laptop, I have lost my wireless assistant and the wireless local area network, can anyone help me figure out what or how to get my driver back. I am so lost. I am running xp as the operating system.
Thank you in advance.
Related:

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Feb 1, 2009 at 07:31 PM
You can download HP drivers from this site: (you might need the "nForce chipset driver")

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=228&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=3253944

Hp has had problems with these laptops overheating and burning out the networking chips.

Good Luck
I have the same problem.
But I already have downloaded the files that should work from their website. But when I try to install it on my laptop it says that the file is corrupt and I should try another copy of it.

What can I do?
I also have DV9500 and was missing the WLAN driver, I searched everywhere and found this site
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&os=228&product=1842189

And after downloading several drivers from "Network" it finally worked!
At this time I was still missing some other drivers, but with internet working I was able to fix it through "update driver automatic" :D

Hope this helped, Good Luck!
sorry but I finally got on hp support and most of the hp pavilion laptops were recalled because of the wireless going bye bye the only way way to fix this is send it to hp support for them to fix it which the warranty ran out in 2009 so now it costs to have it fixed.
Hello,
I have an hp pavillion dv9000 laptop, I have lost my wireless assistant and the wireless local area network, can anyone help me figure out what or how to get my driver back. I am so lost. I am running vista ultimate as the operating system.
Thank you in advance