Cd Drive Cannot Read?>Possible Solution

Solved/Closed
JOHN - Jan 1, 2012 at 05:43 AM
Ambucias Posts 47310 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Jan 1, 2012 at 05:52 AM
Hello, I ran across this problem one evening, and it tore me up. I thought I would have to buy a new drive, after running countless tests.....reading literally 100's of websites with different solutions. I tried most of them but my driver still supposedly was working. After, the last test, a few hours later, I was about to give up and get ready to turn my computer in to the factory to install a new driver. Then I just got this weird and sudden urge to OPEN THE CD DRIVER, SLIDE THE HEAD OF THE LASER, ALONG WITH THE ENTIRE COMPONENT, TOWARDS THE MIDDLE, CLEAN THE LENS WITH A LENS CLEANING CLOTH( for glasses) POP IN A CD TO SEE IT WORKED AND TO MY SURPRISE THE ICON CHANGED FOR THE CD DRIVER, IN MY COMPUTER, TO A MUSIC SYMBOL------MEANING THIS ACTUALLY WORKED :)

Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47310 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,165
Jan 1, 2012 at 05:52 AM
Hello John,

Thank you for sharing. Certainly that you will help many others with a similar problem.

Best regards